Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Genesis 6:5-8, 7:1-5, 10, Psalm 29:1-3AC, 4,, 3B, 9C-10, Mark 8:14-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord;
and my Father will love him
and we will come to him. Jn 14:23

Genesis 6:5-8, 7:1-5, 10, 
Psalm 29:1-3AC, 4,, 3B, 9C-10, Mark 8:14-21


Genesis 6:5-8, 7:1-5, 10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Ever since God created human beings we have chosen wickedness and we have spread evil over the earth. Is it any wonder then, that when He looked at the crown of His creation after the fall, "He regretted that He made man on earth and His Heart grieved."

When I look at the world today and see how evil flourishes in every nation I wonder how is it that God has not just wiped us off the face of the earth. We use our intellect to find new ways to sin and to sink to even greater depths of coarseness and wickedness. Conscience is dead. 

But our God is a God of Love, everlasting, infinite, abundant love. 

Noah represents the Son of Man, who found favor with God. The reason for the Incarnation is that the Father would look at You clothed in human flesh, His loving gaze would grow as tender as a mother's for her helpless baby, and He would have mercy on us. 

In You, my Beloved, the chosen people of God, the descendants of Abraham, as well as all who believe in You are saved. We are kept alive in the New Ark of the Covenant in the stormy seas of iniquity. When our time here on earth comes to an end, it is the flood of mercy and love that flowed from Your pierced side and wounded Heart, that will save the world.


Psalm 29:1-3AC, 4,, 3B, 9C-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You are our Peace, and all who believe in You are blessed with peace because we live in You. The psalmist reminds us to give You the glory and praise that is due to You and we must do so dressed in the holy attire of purity and virtue. 

God thunders to us majestically and powerfully in creation, over space and time. If we will only listen we will hear Him over the clamor and din of our own spirit that drowns out His voice. 

If only we enthrone You in our hearts we can enter that silent, sacred space within us and worship and adore You all the time; until that glorious day when we will join the angels and saints in heaven and join in the glorious hymn of praise forever.


Mark 8:14-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

How is it my Lord that we can so often be thick and obtuse like the disciples. Is it because we are too preoccupied with the things of the world that we fail to grasp the awesome reality of the things of heaven? 

Your disciples were with You in the boat and the evangelist Mark tells us that You were warning them against the Pharisees and Herod, likening them to leaven. They figured that You were talking about bread as they had only one loaf with them. What did You feel at that moment when You realized that the point You were making was totally misunderstood by those who had witnessed the two awesome miracles of the multiplication of loaves? Did You stifle the urge to laugh at their myopia or to shake each one in frustration? Must have been both. Instead, I am sure You said very gently and a little sternly, 


“Why do you conclude that it is because you have no bread?
Do you not yet understand or comprehend?
Are your hearts hardened?
Do you have eyes and not see, ears and not hear?
And do you not remember,
when I broke the five loaves for the five thousand,
how many wicker baskets full of fragments you picked up?”
They answered him, “Twelve.”
“When I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand,
how many full baskets of fragments did you pick up?”
They answered him, “Seven.”

They were truly like ignorant children. How many time am I like them my Beloved, and You look at me sadly and say, 

“Do you still not understand?”

Thank You, My Love, for the infinite patience You have with me when I am equally stupid. Thank You even more for Your unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment