Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Numbers 6:22-27, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8, Galatians 4:4-7, Luke 2:16-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets;
in these last days, he has spoken to us through the Son. Heb 1:1-2

Numbers 6:22-27, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8, Galatians 4:4-7, 
Luke 2:16-21


Numbers 6:22-27

---- Mine,

I will bless you and keep you! I will let My Face shine upon you and be gracious to you! I will look upon you kindly and give you peace! When you call on My Name upon you and all you pray for, I will bless them.


Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

As we begin this New Year, 2019 I make the prayer of the psalmist my own.

May God have pity on us and bless us;
may he let his face shine upon us.
So may your way be known upon earth;
among all nations, your salvation.
R. May God bless us in his mercy.
May the nations be glad and exult
because you rule the peoples in equity;
the nations on the earth you guide.

May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you!
May God bless us,
and may all the ends of the earth fear him!

Galatians 4:4-7

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today we read the words of St. Paul in his letter to the Galatians and we rejoice that we have been ransomed by You who became incarnate of the Virgin Mary in order to make us sons and daughters of God.

Thank You for pouring Your Spirit into our hearts under whose influence we are able to cry out, "Abba, Father." 

Thank You for freeing us from the bondage of slavery to sin and making us heirs to the Kingdom.

Luke 2:16-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

There is much I can learn from Your Mother Mary this is why You gave her to me as my Mother as well.

May I imitate her virtues of faith, humility, obedience, and love. May I too ponder the Eternal Word, keep it in my heart, and allow You to make Your home in me always.

May I imitate the shepherds who returned after paying You homage to announce the Good News to everyone. May I never cease to praise and glorify God for all His mercies to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment