Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Hebrews 7:1-3, 15-17, Psalm 110:1-4, Mark 3:1-6

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom
and cured every disease among the people. Mt. 4:23


Hebrews 7:1-3, 15-17, Psalm 110:1-4, Mark 3:1-6


Hebrews 7:1-3, 15-17

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

We thank the Father for giving us a High Priest such as Yourself. You have offered to the Father the only Sacrifice that takes away the sins of the world and enables us to enter into His Presence. 

To You, who are worthy of all praise, love, worship and adoration, we offer the sacrifice of our own lives in union with Your Own. You make our sacrifice acceptable to the Father.

Thank You for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit who helps us to discern the will and the plan of God in our lives. Who inspires us to choose what is right and makes available the graces we need through the Sacraments.

Thank You, Beloved, for making it possible for us to claim with confidence that God indeed is our Father, You, our Brother, and the life we have received is divine life in the Holy Spirit.



Psalm 110:1-4

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Nothing delights the Father more than when we, His children, give You all the glory and honour. He has raised You up far above all created things. 

After the Sacrifice to end all sacrifices He has seated You on His right hand and has given You a Name that is far above every other name. At Your Name demons tremble, the angels and saints prostrate in worship, it is only we on earth, who do not fully understand what it means to be loved as we are loved by the Father. He loved us so much He gave up His only Son so we may be saved. 

Beloved Jesus, I do desire to love You as the Father wishes me to. I ask for a fresh outpouring of Your Spirit in order that He may help me to love You as I ought. Thank You.


Mark 3:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Evil hates good with such venom it seeks to destroy it. All good is a witness to the truth that there is a God and that we, His creatures, must seek His will in all things. It is pride that denies God because believing in God demands that we obey Him and serve Him.

I am like the man with the withered hand and like the Pharisees. Sin has withered me often and made me useless and helpless but I am never without hope. You have the power to restore me to perfect wholeness and health through the healing power of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Like the Pharisees, I too am often hard of heart. Continue to help me through the power of Your Holy Spirit to cling ever closer to You through the Sacraments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment