Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Hebrews 6:10-20, Psalm 111:1-2, 4-5, 9-10, Mark 2:23-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
enlighten the eyes of our hearts,
that we may know what is the hope
that belongs to our call. Eph 1:17-18


Hebrews 6:10-20, Psalm 111:1-2, 4-5, 9-10, 
Mark 2:23-28


Hebrews 6:10-20

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The writer of the letter to the Hebrews reminds me today that You are mindful of my service and You are also aware that I desire to continue to work in any way that I may be required. The one thing that is detrimental to the way of holiness is to become lazy in spiritual matters. Grant my Beloved that I may never give in to the desires of the flesh that would draw me away from intimacy with You.

Keep hope alive in me and grant that I may always keep my focus on the goal which is eternal life with You, the Father, and the Holy Spirit. 

You are the Eternal Covenant of Love that God has made with His people, that all who believe in You will receive the joy of perfect union with You when our life on earth comes to an end.


Psalm 111:1-2, 4-5, 9, 10C

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The psalmist reminds that God will always remember the Covenant of Love that He has made with those who believe in You.

I thank You for the privilege of knowing You, loving You, and being a part of Your Body, the Church. Thank You for the privilege of coming together with Your people to praise and thank You for all that You have done for us and to eat Your Flesh and drink Your Blood so we may have life in us.

Thank You for laying down Your life for us and for tearing down the barriers that separated us from God. Thank You for becoming the means through which we can enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Thank You for the Sacrifice that takes away the sins of the world. Thank You for laying down Your life so I may live. Thank You for the hope I have of heaven when time for me shall cease.  Amen.


Mark 2:23-28

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Deliver me from a critical spirit that is constantly looking to find fault, to tear down, rather than to build up and affirm. You came into the world to reveal the Father's Face of mercy to us. You are the Living God who is intimately united to us when we receive You in the Holy Eucharist. 

All who are grafted to Your Body receive Your life. In Your life we have life and we are lifted up with You and made pleasing and acceptable in the Father's sight through Your Sacrifice. Keep me mindful Beloved, of my own faults, weaknesses, and failings, and grant me the generosity of spirit to overlook the failings of others but to be quick in recognizing my own.

Help me Beloved from moment to moment. Make grace available to me so I may always be pleasing in Your sight. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment