Thursday, December 20, 2018

Isaiah 7:10-14, Psalm 24:1-6, Luke 1:26-38

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

O Key of David,
opening the gates of God's eternal Kingdom:
come and free the prisoners of darkness!

Isaiah 7:10-14, Psalm 24:1-6, Luke 1:26-38

Isaiah 7:10-14


My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You are the greatest sign of the Father's love for us. You are His Covenant with us. Grafted to You, Beloved, we have the hope of enjoying not only this present life but we can look forward to eternity in the glorious presence of the Triune God. 

God is constantly giving us signs of His love and His Presence among us. The abiding sign of Love is in Your Presence in the Holy Eucharist in all the tabernacles of the world. Conceived in the womb of the Virgin Mary You are truly Emmanuel - God with us now and forever.


Psalm 24:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Reveal to me with the help of Your Holy Spirit how to open my entire being to You so that You, my Lord and my God, may enter in glory and reign in my life.

Come in glory and majesty O King of Kings and Lord of Lords, You through whom all things were created and without You, nothing came into being, enter into my heart never to leave me again. Help me Beloved, who am helpless, weak, frail, a sinner, I have no strength or resources of my own. Lift me up and carry me on eagle's wings up the Mountain of the Lord, the place where God dwells. Hide me in You who are my rock, my refuge, my help, and my deliverer. Grant that I may seek Your Face always and may the light of Your countenance dispel all the sadness and gloom from my spirit. Amen.


Luke 1:26-38


In the sixth month,
the angel Gabriel was sent from God
to a town of Galilee called Nazareth,
to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph,
of the house of David,
and the virgin's name was Mary.
And coming to her, he said,
"Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you."
But she was greatly troubled at what was said
and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.
Then the angel said to her,
"Do not be afraid, Mary,
for you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son,
and you shall name him Jesus.
He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High,
and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father,
and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever,
and of his Kingdom there will be no end."

But Mary said to the angel,
"How can this be,
since I have no relations with a man?"
And the angel said to her in reply,
"The Holy Spirit will come upon you,
and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.
Therefore the child to be born
will be called holy, the Son of God.
And behold, Elizabeth, your relative,
has also conceived a son in her old age,
and this is the sixth month for her who was called barren;
for nothing will be impossible for God."

Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord.
May it be done to me according to your word."
Then the angel departed from her.     




No comments:

Post a Comment