Thursday, November 29, 2018

Revelations 18:1-2, 21-23; 19:1-3, 9A, Psalm 100:1-5, Luke 21:20-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READING


Stand erect and raise your heads
because your redemption is at hand. Lk 21:28



Revelations 18:1-2, 21-23; 19:1-3, 9A, Psalm 100:1-5,
Luke 21:20-28

Revelations 18:1-2, 21-23; 19:1-3, 9A

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

A glorious destiny awaits those who have been faithful. Those who have believed. Those who have loved both God and neighbor. Yes, there will be times of tribulation when the Just Judge will winnow the wheat from the chaff and separate the sheep from the goats but those who have walked in faith will be invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb. We will take our seat at the banquet and there we will rejoice and praise God along with all the angels and saints forever.

Psalm 100:1-5

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Teach me Your ways my Lord that I may have a song in my heart all the days of my life. May joy and gladness overflow from me because of all You have done for me. Thank You for Your faithfulness and the assurances of Your love and care for me day after day. You created me and You have a wonderful future in store for me, a glorious, eternal destination. Thank You for the grace that enables me to choose what pleases You. Thank You for Your unfailing kindness. Thank You for never leaving me. Thank You that I can lean on You always especially during the dark periods in my life. Help me to stay faithful to the end.

Luke 21:20-28

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

As the liturgical year comes to an end we are reminded about Your Second Coming in glory.

There are difficult times in every life and in the course of history we see kingdoms rise and fall. Every nation and all its people are called to live in holiness, righteousness, and truth, however, this is not always so.  In our own world today our lives are in total contrast to the Truth that You have revealed. With sin comes death as its natural consequence. But those who believe and are faithful will be taken up with You in glory and there to remain with You, the Father, and the Holy Spirit forever.

Lord, we look forward with joy and expectation to Your coming again in glory. Maranatha, Lord Jesus, Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment