Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Revelations 15:1-4, Psalm 98:1-3, 7-9, Luke 21:12-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Remain faithful until death,
and I will give you the crown of life. Rev 2:10C


Revelations 15:1-4, Psalm 98:1-3, 7-9, Luke 21:12-19


Revelations 15:1-4

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank and praise You for the glorious destiny that awaits those who are faithful. Grant that I too am in that number. Sometimes life seems long, tedious, painful, but I must not forget all those times in my life Beloved when You have poured blessing upon blessing on me and those I love, favor upon favor have I received and often quite undeserved. You have been more than generous in loving me and blessing me. 

Thank You, my Beloved. May I count my blessings often and may I keep my gaze ever upon You and I will receive strength for the journey until at last my voice too will be joined with those who sing the song of the Lamb:

"Great and wonderful are your works,
Lord God almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
O king of the nations.
Who will not fear you, Lord,
or glorify your name?
For you alone are holy.
All the nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed."

Psalm 98:1-3, 7-9

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I have absolutely no reason to be downhearted, sorrowful, and afraid. Faith in You is no faith at all if I allow fear to overpower me. Trouble comes into every life it is how we face the challenge that determines who we truly are. I am weak Beloved but that's ok for I rely on Your strength. Then I can say with Paul, when I am weak I am strong in the strength of my God.

My Beloved, I know You and all that I know of You have taught me that I can safely rely on You in all the circumstances of my life. You have taught me to call God Father. You have said that I am your sister. You have poured Your Holy Spirit into my soul. How can I walk as one defeated? I am free with the freedom that is granted to children of God.

Give me joy in my heart and a song on my lips so that I may praise You with every breath I breathe all the days of my life.

Luke 21:12-19

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

If we are to live out our faith boldly in the public square? If we take our mission seriously to go out into the world and preach the Good News of salvation, then You warn us that we will face dangers, difficulties, challenges, persecution, and perhaps even martyrdom. But we are to be unafraid as a glorious destiny awaits those who persevere to the end.

When we are challenged we are to remain untroubled for the Holy Spirit will come to our defense, He is the Paraclete who will give us words to refute the Enemy. You warn us that in this world we will have trouble but we are to remain calm and let nothing disturb our peace for You, my Beloved, have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment