Friday, November 30, 2018

Ephesians 5:21-33, Psalm 128:1-5, Luke 13:18-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
You have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom. 
Mt 11:25

Ephesians 5:21-33, Psalm 128:1-5, Luke 13:18-21


Ephesians 5:21-33

My love, Beloved of my soul,

Loving submission to You as a member of Your Body the Church is a joy and a privilege. In the same way, I am called to loving submission to my spouse not because we are not equal for we are but because our relationship is similar to that of You and the Church.

Loving and joyful submission is not tyranny but a choice that we make because it creates harmony between the lover and the beloved. It is natural for a woman to nurture, it is natural for man to provide and protect. Just as we look to You our Bridegroom and our Spouse to provide us with all we need in order that we may be presented to God holy, and unblemished, so too it is the loving duty of husbands to be the kind of Spouse that You are to the Church.

The love, the kindness, the respect, the protection, that a husband provides his wife enables and encourages her to be her best self. Each is called to lay down their lives for the other in love just as You lay down Your life for us.



Psalm 128:1-5

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

To fear God is to live in awe and worship of Him always. It is not a servile fear but a fear born of the desire to do nothing that will wound our God who has loved us with a love that is beyond anything the human mind can fathom. 

Loving God, help me always to choose to walk in the way that You have pointed to me. To yield to You will in all things no matter how challenging bring joy, peace, and fulfillment of our deepest desires.

Thank you for my vocation to be a wife and mother. Thank You for the children that we have been blessed with. May they always praise You and remain close to the faith that is Your gift to them as it is to us. Thank You for the hope we have of living with You in the Kingdom of God forever.


Luke 13:18-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Every soul who is baptized and grafted into Your Body is like the mustard seed in this parable. There is a mission, there is a work that I am called to do. I am to grow and flourish. I am called to be fruitful, not barren so that those who shelter in me find nourishment. God has a plan for my whole life and I am called to be receptive in order to discern it and embrace it. 

I am called to be like yeast that leavens the whole batch of dough so that the perfume of sanctity that comes from You in me emanates and permeates those around me.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment