Wednesday, September 12, 2018

1 Corinthians 7:25-31, Psalm 45:11-12, 14-17, Luke 6:20-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READING

Rejoice and leap for joy!
Your reward will be great in heaven. Lk 6:23B

1 Corinthians 7:25-31, Psalm 45:11-12, 14-17, 
Luke 6:20-26


1 Corinthians 7:25-31

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

In the world we live in today,  a world of hedonism and self-indulgence, a world where instant gratification to every passing desire is the norm, St. Paul's advice would be mocked and scorned. All the evils of this world stem from a lack of self-control. A lack of discernment between common sense and idiocy. The world is fed on the 'do it if it feels good' principle and the world has grown flaccid and weak in its morals and principles because of it. 

Perhaps it has always been so but in day and age of instant connectivity, it seems that ugliness, sin, and moral decay is rampant in every corner of the globe. 

The world would do well to heed St. Paul's advice, for we truly do not know the day nor the hour when You will return. When You do may we not be caught sleeping.

I tell you, brothers, the time is running out.
From now on, let those having wives act as not having them,
those weeping as not weeping,
those rejoicing as not rejoicing,
those buying as not owning,
those using the world as not using it fully.
For the world in its present form is passing away.

Psalm 45:11-12, 14-17

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today the psalmist reminds me that I am a daughter of the King. That the Church is Your Bride. That she belongs to You and that one day You will come to lead her without wrinkle or stain to Your Father's House, in the Eternal Kingdom of God.

I too am Yours. I am marked for heaven. I am a member of that same Church whose Bridegroom You are. My ear ought to be attuned to the sound of Your voice, alert to the sound of Your footsteps. You have given me a garment of royalty. I have received the festive robes through Baptism and You have claimed me for Yourself in time and eternity.

I know that You will never forsake me for You know that despite all my weaknesses, I desire to belong to You completely and You will honor my desire simply because You love me unconditionally. Thank You.
 
Luke 6:20-26


My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Raising Your eyes to Your disciples, You reveal the blueprint of the character of the Son of God so we who belong You know how we can emulate You. 

It is difficult Beloved, but the rewards are marvelous. We thank You for God's justice which ensures that those who endure their difficulties with grace will be raised one day. In the world, there is terrible division and unimaginable discrepancies between those who have and those who haven't. But we can be sure that God will ensure that in the end, each will receive their just reward.

"Blessed are you who are poor,
for the Kingdom of God is yours.
Blessed are you who are now hungry,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who are now weeping,
for you will laugh.
Blessed are you when people hate you,
and when they exclude and insult you,
and denounce your name as evil
on account of the Son of Man.

Rejoice and leap for joy on that day!
Behold, your reward will be great in heaven.
For their ancestors treated the prophets
in the same way.

But woe to you who are rich,
for you have received your consolation.
But woe to you who are filled now,
for you will be hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will grieve and weep.
Woe to you when all speak well of you,
for their ancestors treated the false
prophets in this way."

No comments:

Post a Comment