Friday, July 13, 2018

Hosea 14:2-10, Psalm 51:3-4, 8-9, 12-14, 17, Matthew 10:16-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

When the Spirit of truth comes,
he will guide you to all truth
and remind you of all I told you. Jn 16:13A, 14:26D


Hosea 14:2-10, Psalm 51:3-4, 8-9, 12-14, 17, 
Matthew 10:16-23


Hosea 14:2-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The prophet Hosea gives us a clear picture of how we live despite the fact that we have a God who loves infinitely.  How is it that we who should spend every waking moment in humble thanksgiving and praise, worship and adoration; instead we give in to every weakness. We are so easily distracted by the world and follow paths that lead to darkness. The world makes the same errors over and over and again. We walk in darkness when we refuse to live by the Light of Truth and only when we find ourselves stripped, and enslaved do we cry out to You and crawl back begging for mercy and forgiveness and You never fail to do so.

What wonderful promises You make to the people through the prophet despite the fact that Israel acted like a harlot. The same promises are made to us as well.

I will heal their defection, says the LORD,
I will love them freely;
for my wrath is turned away from them.
I will be like the dew for Israel:
he shall blossom like the lily;
He shall strike root like the Lebanon cedar,
and put forth his shoots.
His splendor shall be like the olive tree
and his fragrance like the Lebanon cedar.
Again they shall dwell in his shade
and raise grain;
They shall blossom like the vine,
and his fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon.


Psalm 51:3-4, 8-9, 12-14, 17

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I was created to praise and glorify You as long as I lived here on earth and to praise and worship You more perfectly in heaven. But I have been a sinner ever since I can remember. I was born with sin. But in Your great goodness, kindness, compassion, and mercy, You have forgiven me over and over again even when I did not deserve it.

Thank You Beloved for showing me the Way that leads to Life. Thank You for providing me with grace that makes it possible for me to always choose what is right. Thank You for Your precious blood that washes away all my sins. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit who helps me to pray and to strive after what is pleasing to You. Thank You for the Wisdom that I have been given through the indwelling of Your Spirit. Thank You for the Sacraments especially that of Confession and Communion.

Stay with me Beloved and never leave me lest I fall into the abyss in a moment of stupidity. Thank You.

Matthew 10:16-23

Jesus said to his Apostles:“Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves;
so be shrewd as serpents and simple as doves.
But beware of men,
for they will hand you over to courts
and scourge you in their synagogues,
and you will be led before governors and kings for my sake
as a witness before them and the pagans.
When they hand you over,
do not worry about how you are to speak
or what you are to say.
You will be given at that moment what you are to say.
For it will not be you who speak
but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
Brother will hand over brother to death,
and the father his child;
children will rise up against parents and have them put to death.
You will be hated by all because of my name,
but whoever endures to the end will be saved.
When they persecute you in one town, flee to another.
Amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel
before the Son of Man comes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment