Thursday, July 12, 2018

Hosea 11:1-4, 8-9, Psalm 80:2-3, 15-16, Matthew:10:7-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The Kingdom of God is at hand:
repent and believe in the Gospel. Mk 1:15

Hosea 11:1-4, 8-9, Psalm 80:2-3, 15-16, 
Matthew:10:7-15 


Hosea 11:1-4, 8-9

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for loving me. No matter how far I distanced myself from You, You never abandoned me but pursued you until I came to my senses and understood how much I needed You. I am an unworthy sinner. I have sinned and continue to sin. There have been many times when I have deliberately chosen the path that leads to destruction. I have placed myself in positions where I made it possible for myself to make bad, unholy choices but You never gave up on me. 

Thank you for not abandoning me when you would have been justified in doing so, but instead, you revealed your love for me. You never condemned me but made your forgiveness and rich mercy always available to me. 

Thank you for not letting me die in my sins but for ensuring that eternal life is mine if I desire it. Thank You.

Psalm 80:2-3, 15-16

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

How privileged I am to gaze on Your Face daily. How good it is Beloved to experience union with You, who are God, and the Son of God. There is no greater intimacy than that between God and those who are able to experience that perfect union in the intimacy of Holy Communion.

You look down from heaven with such tender yearning for me, a sinner, and You desire to be my food and drink for You know that only You can give me life in abundance, Life that wells up to eternal salvation.  You have declared Yourself my Lord, my God, my Rock, my Refuge, my Shadow, my Stronghold, my Spouse and the Bridegroom of my soul. 

Thank You for picking up this little nothing and drawing me into perfect union with You thus ensuring that I am all things in You and with You. Amen. 

Matthew:10:7-15

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I too have been given a glorious mission. In the world today that is in such grave need of You and of Your message of hope and love, we need You. Yet never has rejection of You been so prevalent and blatant as the age we live in. 

You continue to empower those who are willing to give up everything in order to proclaim the message of salvation. Never before have those who call themselves by Your Name, Christians, been so persecuted, vilified, and tormented. Yet, they know that You are with them and they are unafraid to lay down their lives for the sake of the Gospel. 

Give all who have been baptized this same urgency to make You known so the world will heal, that the world will be united despite our cultural differences, that all people everywhere will bow down and worship You who alone can save and heal. Give us the courage we need. Give us a generous spirit. You will give us all we need if we step out in faith. Forgive my timidity Beloved. Forgive my cowardice. Enable me to be bold as I bring Your Word of Truth to a dying world.

No comments:

Post a Comment