Sunday, July 15, 2018

Amos 7:12-15, Psalm 85:9-14, Ephesians 3:1-10, Mark 6:7-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
enlighten the eyes of our hearts,
that we may know what is the hope that
belongs to our call. Eph 1:17-18

Amos 7:12-15, Psalm 85:9-14, Ephesians 3:1-10,
Mark 6:7-13


Amos 7:12-15

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

It is You who call us, it is You who send us. You take us from where we are, the people and surroundings we love and that are familiar to us, and You send us to do Your work in a new place. We know no one, we do not know how they will receive us but there is nothing we can do but trust You to show us the way because it is where You have called us to be. 

There may be rejection, or not, we don't know but as long as we follow Your call and are obedient we can be at peace.
Psalm 85:9-14

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Those who love You, those who have put all their hope and trust in You will lack for nothing. You are gracious and kind and with You is mercy always.

Thank You Beloved for faith in You that saves me. Thank You for Your Word that sustains me. Thank You for the hope I have in You that gives me strength each day to go on. Thank You for grace that You make available to me through the Sacraments without which it would be impossible for me to choose to do what is right.

Thank You most of all Beloved for united me to Yourself in every way so I am not apart from You but one with You.
Ephesians 3:1-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

God, our Father, has withheld nothing from me in You and through You - this is true from the beginning before time. God chose me. God created me. God desired that I know You, believe in You, love You, be saved by You. God has blessed me in You with every grace and blessing, holding nothing back but lavishing on me rich graces, more than my poor heart can hold.

Your Blood saved all humanity but not all humanity knows this truth; I do. This knowledge of You Beloved enables me to see how good, gracious, kind, and loving my God is. Even when I rejected You in the past You never abandoned me. I know my Lord that I could have died in my sins and been lost forever but You did not permit it. Thank You for ensuring that the one lost sheep was found and saved. Thank You for coming for sinners and for heaven that rejoices when the sinner comes home.
Mark 6:7-13

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Twelve, which included Judas Iscariot, were called, empowered, and given authority. You shared with them what was Yours. You did not send them ill-equipped for the mission but have them power so they could do the work entrusted to them.

So it is with us who are called to different vocations.  You have given each a work to do and You have given us the means to do it. Whether or not we believe this to be true, we have been given all we need to do the work entrusted to us. If we step out in faith, act in faith, we too will see Satan fall like lightning.

There are instructions that we must follow just as the apostles. If we are obedient then we will see the power of God at work in and through us. We are to trust in You rather than in ourselves or what we have. Power comes from You. The work is Yours we are only Your instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment