Tuesday, June 19, 2018

1 Kings 21:17-29, Psalm 51:1-2, 5-6, 11 & 16, Matthew 5:43-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I give you a new commandment;
love one another as I have loved you. Jn 13:34



1 Kings 21:17-29, Psalm 51:1-2, 5-6, 11 & 16, 
Matthew 5:43-48


1 Kings 21:17-29

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

In today's reading from the Book of Kings, we see how You burn with anger when we take advantage of others because we have the power to do so. Ahab not only stole Naboth's inheritance but he led about him and had him murdered. Ahab's sins were many. He married a foreigner who worshipped false gods and at her instigation, he did so as well. Worse, he built altars to those gods and encouraged his people to worship them as well. He was a weak and wicked king and deserved the punishment that God had reserved for him. But when the prophet Elijah revealed to him the many ways in which he had offended God and how the Lord would destroy him, he repented, fasted, prayed, and begged for mercy. God relented. Our God is a God of mercy. 

Thank You Beloved for the awesome mercy of God our Father which He shows us sinners time and time again for He sees the price that was paid for our redemption.

Psalm 51:1-2, 5-6, 11 & 16


Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for revealing to us Your Father's love and His Fatherly heart. He desired to save us from eternal damnation and so He sent You into the world to become the means by which we could all be saved.

So great is His love and mercy that He was prepared to make the ultimate Sacrifice - a sacrifice He asked of Abraham but stayed his hand in the end from sacrificing Isaac. He, however, did not hold back His Own Son but received Your life as a pleasing and acceptable Sacrifice in atonement for the sins of the whole world. 

All we need to do is to be contrite, ask pardon, confess our sins to the priest and resolve with grace You make available, to sin no more. And we are forgiven. We are washed clean and our guilt is removed. Thank You.

Matthew 5:43-48

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I am called to holiness and perfection because I am grafted to Your Body. You are the Son of God and in You, I have received adoption and I am a daughter of the Most High. 

Your Holy Spirit who makes my body His temple makes it possible for me to strive after holiness and perfection in all the choices I make from moment to moment. This is all that is required of me Beloved, to live in the present moment as You would have me live - loving God and loving my neighbour because I love God. 
Why? 
Because He first loved me.



No comments:

Post a Comment