Friday, May 25, 2018

James 5:9-12, Psalm 103:1-4, 8-9, 11-12, Mark 10:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Your word, O Lord, is truth;
consecrate us in the truth. Jn 17: 17B, 17A


James 5:9-12, Psalm 103:1-4, 8-9, 11-12, Mark 10:1-12


James 5:9-12


Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for St. James who has spoken plainly about some difficult subjects and he has done so without apology. Many of us are guilty of trying our hardest to make the unvarnished truth palatable and so we water it down hoping it will cause the least discomfort. Truth is a Person, Truth is the Second  Person of the Holy Trinity so our attempts to try and water it down are ludicrous. We cannot allow our brothers and sisters to go to hell because we have been too worried about hurting their feelings.

Perseverance in the face of persecutions and patience in the face of hardship is the best witness we can give to the world. Let us not lose heart Beloved when it seems that no matter how hard we try we are unable to win over those who prefer to delude themselves into believing the truth lies and lies truth. In such circumstances let us leave all judgment to You for You are full of mercy and compassion and You know best how to draw souls to Yourself. All we need to remember is that our lives must reflect the unwavering Truth we profess always.

Psalm 103:1-4, 8-9, 11-12

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I am called to bless Your Name with every breath I breathe all the days of my life. For You my Beloved have been exceedingly gracious to me, Your compassion and mercy have known no bounds. No matter how deep I was in the mire of sin, no matter how far I deliberately wandered from You and desired to sin rather than discipline myself and turn away from temptation, You continued to be patient with me and did not abandon me as I deserved.

Beloved, I need to show the same kindness, compassion, and mercy that You have always shown me. I have a tendency to be hard and narrow sometimes, forgetful of my own sinful past. Help me keep in mind always the depths of my own iniquities over and over and again and it will keep me humble and patient with my sisters and brothers.

Mark 10:1-12

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

When we look at our world today we see what a mockery we have made of marriage. It is no longer viewed as a union between man and woman for as long as they live, welcoming children with love and generosity and raising them up to be godly, holy, men and women.

If our children stray it is because the parents have strayed abandoning them so completely that they are rootless, they are without an anchor, they have grown up among weeds and rocks and have been choked, stunted, and blighted.

You do not mince words but said very clearly, 

How long Beloved before we wake up and realize that marriage is not an institution into which we enter lightly. We live in a world where there is no longer any wonder, and awe at the beauty of a man and a woman coming together in love in order to commit themselves to a lifelong relationship of friendship, respect, honor, and an openness to all that such a relationship entails. Marriage is attacked ferociously by the world today and those who do the attacking are quite ignorant of the fact that they are the pawns of Satan who is fully aware that if he strikes at marriage and the family he strikes the very foundations of goodness, truth, and beauty and weakens all the members of the society. How much longer Beloved, before wisdom prevails?

But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female.
For this reason, a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.
So they are no longer two but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together,
no human being must separate."

"Whoever divorces his wife and marries another
commits adultery against her;
and if she divorces her husband and marries another,

she commits adultery."



No comments:

Post a Comment