Saturday, May 26, 2018

James 5:13-20, Psalm 141:1-3, 8, Mark 10-13-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom. 

Mt 11:25


Memorial of Saint Philip Neri, Priest


James 5:13-20, Psalm 141:1-3, 8, Mark 10-13-16

James 5:13-20

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

St. James reminds us that in life or in death we are yours hence we ought to be giving praise and thanks in all circumstances. Whether we suffer from ill-health or are strong and happy either way we should have a song in our heart and praise on our lips.

The Church administers the Sacraments of healing from which grace streams into our souls. This is why he urges us when we are sick to call the priest who will anoint us with sacred oils, hear our confession, forgive our sins and strengthen us both in body and soul and if our hour has arrived that we are prepared for eternal life with You in glory.

He reminds us also of the power of intercession - we are all members of one body and if one member is strong and well so is the whole body, if one is weak and sick so are all the members affected. This is why we ought to help one another, pray for each other with faith knowing that God always hears our prayers.

We are not to be diffident in calling out the sins of another it could make the difference between that person being saved or being damned forever. We must be bold yet gentle, we must not be afraid to call sin by its name despite the world's insistence that nothing is sinful. You have written Your law into every heart and we know instinctively what is wrong, however, the world seeks to deceive us using clever words to camouflage the lies they propagate. The results of such deceit are moral decay and the terrible state of the world we find ourselves in today.

When we stand up for the truth, fight on the side of truth, and save those who would otherwise be lost, we will be forgiven much for caring enough to bring the sinner back home to You.

Psalm 141:1-3, 8

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Each time I come before You in prayer hear me, Lord. Accept my praise and thanksgiving every morning and through the day, until the evening is upon me, and may it be like fragrant incense rising to Your throne in the highest heavens. Who do who I have but You my Lord? Who can I run to but you My Beloved? I have no one to turn to and I have found in my distress, each time I have come to you, You have heard me and consoled me. You have wiped away my tears and filled me with joy once more. Thank You for helping me avoid sin and when I have succumbed to temptation thank You for granting me the grace of repentance and contrition. You have not abandoned me to wallow in my iniquity but have gently, insistently, wooed me back to Yourself. 

You are my refuge, my life, and my strength, grant that I may never yield to the wiles of the enemy and so be lost forever. Never forget Beloved the price You paid to save me and grant that I may never forget as well.


Mark 10-13-16

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Only a few instances of Your indignation are recorded in the Bible. Once such incident is mentioned in today's Gospel reading. You would not permit the disciple to prevent the children from coming to You and You rebuked them for highhandedly doing so. This is why we are told constantly that we must have childlike hearts and spirits for to such as these belongs the Kingdom of God.

Today the world is at great pains to rob children of their innocence. It is a crime of such great magnitude that we cannot treat such blatant wickedness lightly when adults, no matter who they may be, use their authority and their power to take by force the right to innocence, of a child. It is better, You say for such people to put a millstone around their necks and drown themselves rather than commit such a heinous sin against Your little ones.

Let us take the words of the Gospel today to heart and work to ensure that the innocence of children is preserved and protected for to them belongs the Kingdom of Heaven. Your hands are always raised in blessings over them and they are closest to Your Sacred Heart.

Give me a childlike heart Beloved and a contrite spirit so I too may nestle in You all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment