Monday, May 28, 2018

1 Peter 1:3-9, Psalm 111:1-2, 5-6, 9-10, Mark 10:17-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Jesus Christ became poor although he was rich,
so that by his poverty you might become rich.2 Cor 9-9


1 Peter 1:3-9, Psalm 111:1-2, 5-6, 9-10, Mark 10:17-28


1 Peter 1:3-9

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

There is no way we can ever thank the Father enough for what He has done for us through You. We can, however, give Him all glory for doing for us what we could never do for ourselves. Because He sent You into the world and because in perfect obedience You accepted His will and gave Yourself up for loves' sake, we have the hope of an eternal, imperishable, inheritance.

Beloved, my transgressions, my deliberate disobedience, deserves eternal punishment but because of what You have done for Me for love of Your Father, I have a joyful hope. May I endure all the trials and sufferings in this life with grace for it tests my faith and strengthens it. 

Beloved, I thank the Father for making His love visible in You. We know how precious we are in His sight for He did not withhold His Son, His only Son but gave Him up in order to reconcile us all back to Himself once more.

Psalm 111:1-2, 5-6, 9-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You are the Father's eternal covenant of love with us. We thank You for the Holy Eucharist where Your people assemble to offer to the Father the most, holy, perfect, and pleasing Sacrifice that has redeemed every soul from the snare of the Enemy.

Thank You for the Bread of Angels, thank You for Your everlasting Covenant, thank You for the work of Salvation completed on the Cross at Calvary, thank You for sharing Your glorious inheritance so generously with Your adopted brothers and sisters.

May we always praise You Beloved from the rising of the sun to its setting until You come again in glory. Amen.


Mark 10:17-28

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,



Walking up to Jesus,
One lovely summer day,
I joined the throng to listen,
To what He had to say.

The children pressed around Him,
He held one on His knee.
Young and old alike were listening
To Him solemnly.

I wanted to be near Him
To never leave His side
So I exclaimed, “Good Master
I seek eternal life”.

He beckoned me and tenderly
Took me by the hand,
“Do all the law requires
Follow God’s commands”.

“I have paid heed to all of them
Since I was but a child”.
He looked at me with love and said,
“This then is my advice.

“There is one thing that you can do,
Sell all you have and then,
Give the money to the poor
And follow Me, my friend”.

I looked at Him and felt a pain
Ripping me apart,
I thought of all the worldly things
That held my foolish heart.

I walked away from Jesus
To where my treasures lay.
I kept my wealth but lost my life
That long, sad summer’s day.


MYRA D’SOUZA / 15.10.2000

No comments:

Post a Comment