Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Acts 20:17-27, Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21, John 17:1-11A

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I will ask the Father
and he will give you another Advocate
to be with you always. Jn 14:16



Acts 20:17-27, Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21, John 17:1-11A

Acts 20:17-27



Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

If I, at the end of my life here on earth could say with even the tiniest bit of confidence, what Paul has just said to the Church at Ephesus then I could die in peace.

As long as You graciously grant me days here on earth I have the example of giants in the faith and in evangelization who have blazed the path before me and shown me how to be an authentic witness to You. 

I must live in harmony as one of the people. I must not be a burden on anyone but take care of my own needs as he did. I must serve in humility for it is a privilege to serve. No matter what the cost in pain and suffering I must persevere. I must not shrink from speaking the truth no matter how uncomfortable or unpopular it may be. I must be a witness in public and in private - which means always and everywhere and to all and not selectively. I must be guided wholly by the Holy Spirit and go where He leads. I ought not to indulge in creature comforts at the cost of hardship in the cause of furthering my mission even at the cost of my life until the end of my days. And when the time has come for me to leave I must be able to say truthfully Paul did, "I did not shrink from proclaiming to you the entire plan of God."

Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

There is no reason why a song in my heart, praise on my lips should not overflow from me always for You are good, gracious, kind, loving, and more generous than I will ever deserve. You have poured upon me and mine; grace upon grace, blessing upon blessing too numerous to count.

You changed our mourning into dancing, You wiped away our tears, You sent angels to help and comfort us in times of distress. May we in turn also be kind and generous to those in need.

Thank You for being yoked to me. Thank You for bearing my burdens day after day. Thank You for saving and redeeming me. Thank You for the place that waits for me when my days here come to an end. Thank You for Your assurance that You Yourself will come for me and accompany me home.

John 17:1-11A

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Apostles, Paul, and every missionary, every saint who lived knew exactly what it meant to lay down their lives for their brothers and sisters because You did so first.

It was the Father who sent You and You, in turn, send us to do exactly as You had done. There is no ambiguity in our call - it is clear that we are meant to follow in Your footsteps every step of the way. To be like You. To image You always.

From the moment You left Your Father to descend into Your Mother Mary's womb You prepared Yourself for the hour. That dreadful, terrible, heart-rending, awe-inspiring hour. When it was finally upon You, Your discourse with the Father as recorded by the Apostle of Love, is one that gives us an understanding of who we are in You.

You came to give us eternal life and what is this eternal life, Beloved? It is to know the Father and to know You, His Son, whom He sent into the world - His First Born.

You glorified the Father and now the Father glorifies You and all who will believe in You. We are one just as You and the Father are one. As You belong to the Father, we belong to You. Thank You for praying for everyone who will come to believe in You until time runs its course. We were fashioned by the hand of the Creator and our salvation was entrusted to You by Him when we sinned and were separated from Him. You restored all we had lost and we now receive so much more. We have inherited the Kingdom of God and are made co-heirs with You to all that the Father has given You. 

For as long as I am in the world my Beloved You will be with me and with all those I love. Thank You for this comforting assurance. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment