Friday, May 18, 2018

Acts 25: 13B-21, Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20AB, John 21:15-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The Holy Spirit will teach you everything
and remind you of all I told you. Jn 14:26



Acts 25: 13B-21, Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20AB, 
John 21:15-19


Acts 25: 13B-21

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

There never was so great a missionary as Paul. To him, You entrusted the work of bringing the Good News to the Gentiles and this he did with the help and by being in conformity with the will of the Holy Spirit.  He gives us a shining example of how we too who are called to preach the Gospel in season and out of season must be perfectly docile to the Spirit of God.

God uses all the circumstances of our life to bring about good no matter how unlikely it may seem. Paul's years as a prisoner in Rome were most fruitful. All his letters to the different churches he established to encourage the believers are treasures the Church uses even to this day. They help and guide the Church to this day to understand all that You said and did and to teach the faithful how to conform to the Holy Spirit who is active not only in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church but in each believer.

Paul is a great witness and a great example of how we too are called to spread the Gospel wherever we may be.

Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20AB

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Psalmist teaches us how to pray always. Grant O my most precious Lord that my soul will constantly bless, praise, glorify, and adore You. May I always be aware of the stream of blessings that are granted to me and may my heart overflow with thanksgiving. I know I do not deserve any of Your gifts but this has not stopped You from pouring them generously on me and on those I love and pray for. 

I am aware that I am a sinner. I am aware that often I have sinned gravely and willfully. I have deliberately shut my ears to the warnings of the Holy Spirit, yet You have never abandoned me but have wooed me tenderly, and patiently back to repentance and contrition, and You have forgiven all my sins every time I came to You in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Thank You for reminding me that as high as the heavens are above the earth, so is Your surpassing kindness to me and mine. Thank You that although You are seated in glory in the highest heavens You stoop low over me and watch over me as tenderly as a mother over her infant.

Thank You for inviting me to join my feeble voice to that of the heavens, the angels and saints to sing Your praises from the rising of the sun to its setting and for the place, You have prepared for me in eternity.

John 21:15-19

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The invitation to Peter is the one that I and every baptized Christian has received and we are called to take it very seriously indeed. You have entrusted the great work of evangelization to us and to each of us God has already determined who we will bring to the knowledge of the Truth that leads to eternal Life. 

However, we are called to make our own profession of love to You and renew our commitment to love those we encounter every day of our lives. If I love You then I must be prepared to lay down my life for those to whom I bring the Good News. St. Paul was tireless in his efforts and so were the rest of the Apostles and the great saints and missionaries through the course of the ages.

Your call is short, clear, and easy to understand, "Follow Me." That's it, You will do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment