Monday, February 19, 2018

Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-19, 15, Matthew 25:31-46

DAILY HOLY MASS READING

Behold, now is a very acceptable time;
behold, now is the day of salvation. 2Cor 6:2B



Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-19, 15, 
Matthew 25:31-46


Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You repeat once again what You have just commanded me in Your Word - You call me to holiness and perfection as the heavenly Father is holy and perfect. 

I have to root out from myself all that is unbecoming and foreign to one who is privileged to be called a child of God and who is an heir to the Kingdom. There is much in me Beloved that needs pruning, trimming, and uprooting. The soil of my heart needs to be enriched, watered, and prepared to the good seed that the Holy Spirit desires to plant in me. But I need to take that first step in desiring it and than surrendering my whole being to the work of the Holy Spirit in me.

This is the acceptable time Beloved, grant that I may not squander it. Let not this holy season pass me by and my indifference to Your call goes unheard. I beg You Beloved, for the sake of Your love for me to take me in hand and accomplish what I am too weak to do for myself. Help me!

Psalm 19:8-19, 15

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

As I lift up my hands in surrender to Your Most Holy Name, I beg You to strengthen my trembling feet and lead me on the narrow path that leads to life and to Your Kingdom. Amen.



Matthew 25:31-46

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I cannot live my life blithely, selfishly and self-absorbed and expect not to have consequences for being blind and deaf to those who needed me. We are members of Your Body, we are children of God, and if one member hurts the whole body suffers. I am called to be sensitive and generous. Empathetic and patient. My mood ought not to determine how I respond to another in times of difficulty.

May the thought of final judgment not goad me into doing a life of good works, rather that You have said, As long as you have done it to one of these, or neglected to do it to one of these, you have done it to me or vice versa. 

Keep me alive to the needs of the other as long as You grant me breath in my body. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment