Sunday, February 18, 2018

Genesis 9:8-15, Psalm 25:4-9, 1 Peter 3:18-22, Mark 1:12-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

One does not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes forth from the mouth of God. Mt 4:4B



FIRST SUNDAY IN LENT

Genesis 9:8-15, Psalm 25:4-9, 1 Peter 3:18-22, 
Mark 1:12-15

Genesis 9:8-15

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

We are remnded this day that God's Covenant is an everlasting Covenant of Love. He assures us that He will keep it come what may. You do not delight in the death of the sinner and this is why The Father sent You into the world to redeem it from the jaws of death I live because You live more breathe and animate Me take away Your Holy Spirit from me and I shall perish. Weak, frail, sinful as I am You make Your dwelling place with Me. Because You are the Covenant of Love that the Father has made with me and with all His people. When the Father looks at me He sees You in me and this is why I live and will live forever.

Psalm 25:4-9

Your ways, O LORD, make known to me;
teach me your paths,
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my savior.
R. Your ways, O Lord, are love and truth to those who keep your covenant.
Remember that your compassion, O LORD,
and your love are from of old.
In your kindness remember me,
because of your goodness, O LORD.
R. Your ways, O Lord, are love and truth to those who keep your covenant.
Good and upright is the LORD,
thus he shows sinners the way.
He guides the humble to justice,

and he teaches the humble his way.

Dear Love, Beloved of my Soul,

You say very clearly that You did not come for the righteous but for sinners. This is how I know that You came for me. The Father sent You in order that I might live. God our Father, is good, kind, merciful, tenderhearted, compassionate, slow to anger and rich in mercy. This is why He sent You to heal what was broken forever. You are meek and humble of heart and if I am to be pleasing in the Father's sight I am called to remember that I am dust and all that I have been redeemed at a price I can never repay. Love created me, Love redeemed me, Love causes me to live and to live eternally. Stay with me Lord as the days of my life come to a close and I shall behold You at last Face to Face. Amen.

 1 Peter 3:18-22

Beloved:
Christ suffered for sins once, 
the righteous for the sake of the unrighteous, 
that he might lead you to God.
Put to death in the flesh, 
he was brought to life in the Spirit.
In it he also went to preach to the spirits in prison, 
who had once been disobedient 
while God patiently waited in the days of Noah 
during the building of the ark, 
in which a few persons, eight in all,
were saved through water.
This prefigured baptism, which saves you now.
It is not a removal of dirt from the body 
but an appeal to God for a clear conscience, 
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
who has gone into heaven
and is at the right hand of God, 
with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him.


Mark 1:12-15

The Spirit drove Jesus out into the desert, 
and he remained in the desert for forty days,
tempted by Satan.
He was among wild beasts,
and the angels ministered to him.

After John had been arrested, 
Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the gospel of God:
"This is the time of fulfillment.
The kingdom of God is at hand.

Repent, and believe in the gospel."




No comments:

Post a Comment