Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-6, 16-19, Matthew 6:7-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

One does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes forth from the mouth of God. Mt 4:4B


Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-6, 16-19, Matthew 6:7-15


Isaiah 55:10-11

Thus says the LORD:
Just as from the heavens
the rain and snow come down
And do not return there
till they have watered the earth,
making it fertile and fruitful,
Giving seed to the one who sows
and bread to the one who eats,
So shall my word be
that goes forth from my mouth;
It shall not return to me void,
but shall do my will,
achieving the end for which I sent it.


Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Grace upon grace  is poured into our hearts through the Sacraments, just like the rain and the snow sent down upon the earth; making the soil is fertile and fruitful for the seed to grow. A good harvest results; so those who work the field may eat. So it is with the Father who spoke at the dawn of creation. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us giving life to all who believe. You are the Eternal Word of the Father, fulfilling all that He desired and achieving salvation for the whole world in perfect obedience to His will.

Psalm 34:4-6, 16-19

R. (18b) From all their distress God rescues the just.

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul, I thank and praise You. I glorify You and give You thanks for the joy of knowing Your Name. Thank You for delivering me from all my fears.

Thank You for the times of refreshing spent before You in adoration. You make my soul radiant with joy. You forgive my sins and take away my shame. Each time I call You heard me and comforted me.

You gaze is always on me Beloved, and this is why I need never fear the wiles and toils of the Enemy to ensnare me.

Thank You for Your comforting assurance that You are close to me especially when I am heartbroken. Thank You for saving me and claiming me for Yourself eternally.


Matthew 6:7-15

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for assuring me that the Father know what I need even before I open my mouth and speak.

Thank You for teaching me how to pray so my prayers may reach the highest heavens and move the heart of God.

Above and before all Beloved, thank You for teaching me to address the God whom the heavens cannot contain and for whom the earth is a mere footstool, as Father. It follows that I must tremble before His holiness in awe. To know that God Himself take account of all my needs and provides for all of them is truly humbling. 

Thank You Beloved for giving me a mission to bring about the Kingdom of heaven on earth. To know perfect happiness and joy my will must always be aligned to the will of the Father then I will be united with all on earth and in heaven who live to do His will.

The Father is our Provider, it is He who sustains us with His powerful Word, and gives us life through the Breath of His Spirit. Thank You for teaching us that we need both the spiritual Bread of the Eucharist and the bread that sustains our mortal bodies and that we can depend on the Father to give us both.

God tempts no one but pours grace upon grace into our soul so we may resist temptation. He has delivered us from every evil by Your Passion and Death on the Cross.

However, You remind us that the forgiveness of all our sins and all our faults and transgressions depends on the measure in which we ourselves forgive the faults and transgressions of our brothers and sister. These are Your words Beloved and may I never forget them. Help me forgive always just as I have been forgiven. Amen.

"If you forgive men their transgressions,
your heavenly Father will forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men,

neither will your Father forgive your transgressions."




No comments:

Post a Comment