Sunday, February 25, 2018

Genesis 22:1-, 9-13, 15-18, Psalm 116:10, 15-19, Romans 8:31B-34, Mark 9:2-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

From the shining cloud the Father's voice is heard:
This is my beloved Son, listen to him. Mt 17:5


Genesis 22:1-, 9-13, 15-18, Psalm 116:10, 15-19, Romans 8:31B-34,  Mark 9:2-10


Genesis 22:1-, 9-13, 15-18

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

In this beautiful passage in the Old Testament we see God's munificence when we obey His commands. Abraham's response to God was always yes. It was a perfect yes. He did not grumble, he did not complain. In fact He actually carried all that was needed up the hill for the sacrifice. He did not hesitate but trusted that God would find a way to fulfill the promises He had made through his son Isaac. 

From that time forth, when God stayed his hand from slaying his only son, Abraham knew for certain that he loved God more than any created thing. This is the lesson that he was to learn. God even provided the ram that Abraham could offer to Him in thanksgiving for sparing his boy. 

We can trust God our Father to provide for everyone of our needs both spiritual and temporal when we obey His laws, the greatest of which is absolute love for God, and love of neighbour as ourselves. 

Psalm 116:10, 15-19

Dear Love Beloved of my soul,

This is all I am required to do in this life. I am called to walk before the Lord with integrity. I am called to fulfill my obligations to both God and neighbor. I am called to live as a child of the Most High who has been redeemed at a price that I can never repay. I am called to keep in mind the destiny that the Father has in store for me.

God did not create me for a life of selfishness, and self-indulgence, He created me to be a light, no matter how feeble, to encourage others on way with me to heaven.

Romans 8:31B-34

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

St. Paul puts its well, if God be for me who can dare be against me? God walks with me, He fights my battles for me. He encourages me every step of the way. If I am weary He lifts me up, if I am hungry he feeds me, thirsty He gives me living water that wells up to eternal life in me. Who can bring a charge against me when the Precious Blood of the Lamb has washed away all my iniquity and taken away my guilt and shame. Truly, if God is for me who can be against me. I belong to God more completely than I belong to the parents God chose to give me life. I belong more completely to God than to my spouse for God's intimacy with me in the Holy Eucharist make me more closely one with Him than any marital union could ever aspire to be. You, my Beloved intercede for my without ceasing and I know that You will ensure that my end and my destiny is to be forever united with You eternally.

Mark 9:2-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Transfiguration on Mt. Tabor are a reminder to us that there is a heaven and that You are God. The fulfillment of the prophets and the Law. Of You it was said that God would send a Savior to redeem the world from their sins and restore what was lost forever. The three Peter, James, and John were to testify to what they had witnessed but only after Your Ascension into heaven. They were to tell the world that even before You ascended to Your Father, they glimpsed Your glory. 

More important than anything else though is the voice of the Father that declares to all creation unequivocally that You are His Beloved Son and that we are to listen to Him.

Thank You Beloved for Sacred Scripture, thank You for Sacred Tradition, thank You for Holy Mother Church and above all thank You for Your Holy Spirit who dwells in fullness in Your Body and enable us to live a life of grace that will eventually lead us to eternal life with You in heaven.

Death must come first as it did for You too. But because of You death no longer has the power to sting, You have transformed it into a doorway to the Kingdom and to eternal bliss. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment