Saturday, February 24, 2018

Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, Matthew 5:43-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Behold, now is a very acceptable time;
behold, now is the day of salvation. 2 Cor 6:2B



Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, 
Matthew 5:43-48

Deuteronomy 26:16-19

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I am a member of Your Body, the Church You founded and established and in whom You are fully present. The Covenant that God has made with those who believe in You overshadows every other made in the past. This New Covenant is a Covenant of Love and is sealed in the Blood of the Lamb. It is an eternal Covenant. It makes me co-heir with You to the Kingdom of God. I for my part am called to walk in Your ways, to keep Your commandments of Love, and be guided by the teachings of Holy Mother Church in all the areas of my life. The fruit of  such living is that God will remain with me, He will raise me up, He will keep me in His Shadow and His Shade will cover me. Help me Lord to root out the sinful tendencies weaken Your Body. Thank You.

Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You have said that You are the Way, the Truth and the Life and those who follow You will never walk in darkness. We are called to be committed in seeking You will in all things. But we are weak and we often fail. Thank You for providing the grace through the Sacraments which provides the grace to strengthen our resolve to walk more closely with You. May I always praise You from the moment I rise to the time I lay down at night to sleep in doing so I will always be attuned to Your power, and Your goodness that keeps me alive. Help me to avoid the near occasion of sin which is often my downfall. Guide my footstep lest I stray in those ways that in my frailty will tempt me to give way. Stay with me Lord and never abandon me. Amen.

Matthew 5:43-48

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The whole purpose of Lent is to strive to be perfect, just as our heavenly Father perfect. This is tall order Beloved and without help we would make absolutely no progress on the path of holiness and perfection. The whole year most of us live blithely with no real thought of disciplining ourselves in order to grow in virtue this is why the Church gives us this time to take stock of ourselves become aware of our shortcomings and all the weaknesses that hinder our growth in becoming like You. For most us this season like so many Lenten seasons will come and go and  we continue to remain stunted in our spiritual life. 

In today's Gospel You offer us a radical new way of living. Do we dare, do we have the courage to accept the challenge. The world offers us a standard of living that is totally opposed to the way of life that we are called to live as Your disciples. Today You say to us,  

"But I say to you, love your enemies,
and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be children of your heavenly Father,
for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good,
and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust.
For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have?
Do not the tax collectors do the same?
And if you greet your brothers and sisters only,
what is unusual about that?
Do not the pagans do the same?

So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect."

I don't have to do it on my own at all; if I attempt to do so I will not succeed. You have given me Your Holy Spirit and the Sacraments and this is all I required to fight the good fight and win the battle.

Stay with me Lord, now and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment