Friday, February 23, 2018

Ezekiel 18:21-28, Psalm 130:1-8, Matthew 5:20-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, says the LORD, And make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. 
Ez 18:31


Ezekiel 18:21-28, Psalm 130:1-8, Matthew 5:20-26


Ezekiel 18:21-28

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You remind us today not to commit the sin of presumption. We are called to be holy and perfect as the Father is holy and perfect. We are called to stay on the path that leads to life all the days of our life. You warn us that if even after decades of right living we turn away and fall into grave sin and die, then we cannot presume that our previous life of holiness will save us. Likewise a grave sinner may have spent most of his life wallowing in sin but if he truly repents and asks You to forgive him then forgiveness is granted him; his past is no longer remembered. It will do us well to keep this thought always alive in us.

Psalm 130:1-8

Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
LORD, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to my voice in supplication.

If you, O LORD, mark iniquities,
LORD, who can stand?
But with you is forgiveness,
that you may be revered. 

I trust in the LORD;
my soul trusts in his word.
My soul waits for the LORD
more than sentinels wait for the dawn.
Let Israel wait for the LORD.

For with the LORD is kindness
and with him is plenteous redemption;
And he will redeem Israel
from all their iniquities.


Matthew 5:20-26

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today You remind me not to compare myself to anyone but to strive to reach the heights of holiness and perfection that the Holy Spirit Himself will enable me to. I can only be what God has created me to be and while I do not set any limits to His ability to draw from me all that His power makes possible I must remember who I am. Within my capacity, in the place I am given, in the vocation that is mine, I am called to cooperate wholly with the will of the Father. Saying as You taught us, "Your will be done." 

Grant O my most Beloved Jesus, that I may always seek to place the will of the Father before my own. To see the good, the true, the noble, the beautiful, the divine in everyone I encounter each day. Help me overcome my weakness of hastily judging people, of getting overwrought over perceived slights. Grant me the grace always to remain humble, and silent; to ponder before I react. In this way I will save myself a lot of rash and faulty conclusions in my thinking. You remind me today that it is better to lean on the side of mercy than to seek my pound of flesh in retribution for real or imaginary wrongs.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment