Monday, February 26, 2018

Daniel 9:4B-10, Psalm 79:8-9, 11 & 14, Luke 6:36-38

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life;
you have the words of everlasting life. Jn 6: 63C, 68C


Daniel 9:4B-10, Psalm 79:8-9, 11 & 14, Luke 6:36-38


Daniel 9:4B-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. Dear God, I have sinned, I have been mediocre in fulfilling the just demands of this season of Lent. I have not truly entered the spirit of the Season simply because I have not taken to heart  nor have I put any real effort in disciplining my flesh. But the prophet reminds us that You are compassionate and that You forgive no matter how grave the transgression. I come to You this day Beloved, confessing that I am sorry but I lack the strength to overcome by self indulgent inclinations. I lack the courage to take myself in hand and fulfill the obligations that I am called to fulfill as a member of Your Body. Send Your Spirit upon me Lord. Without His help I can do nothing and I am filled with unhappy guilt. Help me discern Your will in order that I may abide by it. Amen.

Psalm 79:8-9, 11 & 14

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Together with the psalmist I cry out to You, I pour out my soul's distress and I pray that the sound of my voice reaches Your ears. I am a sinner. I have been a sinner since I was conceived in the womb. I have gone astray often and in You goodness and mercy You have looked for me and led me back into the fold. 

Do not abandon Your little nothing Beloved, if You do then there is no hope for me for I am truly incapable of helping myself. I fall before You, prostrate and helpless and I beseech You for Your Namesake to not abandon me but to hasten to me and help me and I will offer You praise and thanksgiving all my days.

Luke 6:36-38

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today's Word in the Gospel is Your answer to my cry for help for I am counted as Your disciple.

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give and gifts will be given to you;a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap. For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you."

Send Your Spirit upon me now Beloved so He can teach me to live out the truth that I am made in the image and likeness of God. Only with His help can I be merciful, can I stop being judgmental, stop condemning my brothers and sisters. Only with His aid can I forgive as readily as I've been forgiven my many transgressions. When I do You assure me that rich blessings will be mine. But You also remind me that only in the measure that I give will I receive. Only the Holy Spirit can teach me to strive to give as the Father as given me. Send Your Holy Spirit upon me now Beloved.





No comments:

Post a Comment