Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Isaiah 1:10, 16-20, Psalm 50:8-9, 16-17, 20 & 23, Matthew 23:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, says the LORD, and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. 
-Ez 18:31



Isaiah 1:10, 16-20, Psalm 50:8-9, 16-17, 20 & 23, Matthew 23:1-12


Isaiah 1:10, 16-20

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Planted beside the Living Streams that pour out from You I desire to wash myself clean of all the iniquity that is in me. Enable me with Your grace, Your help, and Your Spirit to live a life that is always pleasing to You. Give me courage to speak when I ought and to hold my tongue when I ought. Today You assure me that I can begin anew. The past will be forgotten. No longer will You remember the sins I have committed but will cast them behind You forever and they will be lost in the ocean of Your mercy. You invite me today to walk in the Light of Your Love and You will remain with me always.

Psalm 50:8-9, 16-17, 20 & 23

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

If I walk in the Way that leads to Life and Truth You assure me that I will experience the saving power of God. You hate hypocrites those who say one thing with their mouth but in their hates are stubborn, and lazy. 

Lent is a time of discipline. It is a word that is not very attractive to many especially since we prefer hedonism to austerity. But it is only when we bridle our senses and our desires that You can lead us on the paths of holiness.

Thank You for correcting me when I have strayed and for pointing out that I am a sinner and can so easily be cast aside because I have not been able to take up my cross each day without grumbling, and follow You.

Matthew 23:1-12

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

It is so easy to get carried away with our own puffed up idea about ourselves when in truth, in Your sight, we are lying hypocrites. You warn us today not to be like the Scribes and Pharisees who love their positions and guard them zealously. Instead of being true teachers they lorded it over the people, despised them, and condemned them when they were weak or found all the added details to the law difficult to keep.

I can be like that Beloved, I can nit pick and it does no one any good. Rather, today You remind me to practice the virtue of humility always and to remember that the Lord God is my Father and that You the Anointed of God are my Master. There is always the ever present danger of letting my passions rule my life and gain mastery over me. Thank You for the Sacraments that give me nourishment and that heal and cleanse me. Thank You for grace that is always available to me when I draw near to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment