Wednesday, January 10, 2018

1 Samuel 3:1-10, 19-20, Psalm 40:2, 5, 7-10, Mark 1:29-39

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord.
I know them, and they follow me. Jn 10:27


1 Samuel 3:1-10, 19-20, Psalm 40:2, 5, 7-10, 
Mark 1:29-39


1 Samuel 3:1-10, 19-20

Dear Lord, Beloved of my soul,

How often You have called me and instead of responding as Samuel did, "Here I am." I preferred to go back to sleep. I have been spiritually lethargic. I have shut my ears to the sound of Your Voice. I preferred self-indulgence rather than stirring myself to action and going forth to do Your will. The light of Your Lamp burns brightly but I have turned away time and time again from its light and preferred to shield my eyes from Your Presence. I have sinned and I ask for forgiveness. Thank You for never giving up on me but for calling me unceasingly. Like Samuel, I desire to say to You my Beloved, "Here I am Lord, speak to Your servant." Grant me the grace to still my senses and to listen to Your Voice and on hearing You speak grant that I allow Your Words to penetrate my inmost being, take root in me and give me life.

Psalm 40:2, 5, 7-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

How well the psalmist expresses himself and the right response to Your call. My Lord and my God, this is how too desire to answer You each time You invite me to do You will. Grant O Lord that Your will become my food and my drink for in this alone is true joy. For this You created me to follow You wherever You may lead me. To permit You to keep my hand firmly in Your Own and I will never stray from the way that leads to eternal joy.

Touch my lips that I may praise You all my days. Touch each one of my senses that I may become alive to You who are with me. You live in me and You make Your home in me. Help me Beloved for You know how prone I am to sin. You know every one of my weaknesses. Pity your poor little nothing and take control of every area of my life. I surrender it to You this day completely. Come Lord, do not delay.

Mark 1:29-39

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Grant that I too like Peter's mother-in-law may be ready to serve You. Grant that I may rise from my infirmities as You grasp me by the hand and permit Your strength to flood my entire being and go forth to serve as she did. May all who come to my door find You there and grant that I may always permit You to to minister to all who come seeking You and finding You present in me may they find Your flowing out from me to them. Grant Beloved, that all may find Your Presence in my thoughts, in my words, and in all the things I do. May my strength come from You - for this it is necessary for me to find a place of solitude away from the noise and distractions that so easily take hold of me, and in silence let me hear Your Voice. Fill me with Your Spirit and grant that Your Spirit guide me always. Let me not be swayed by praise but light the fire of zeal within me so I am ready to go wherever I am called and there to serve You and make You known, loved, praised, and glorified.


No comments:

Post a Comment