Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Romans 12:5-16AB, Psalm 131:1-3, Luke 14:15-24

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest, says the Lord. Mt. 11:28



Romans 12:5-16AB, Psalm 131:1-3, Luke 14:15-24

Romans 12:5-16AB

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

St. Paul gives us a blue print of a Christian. One who is Your follower and called by Your Name must be a reflection of You. All who see us must know that we witness to the Truth that God is love. You manifested that love to us who believe and because we have experienced the unfathomable and totally undeserved love of God we in turn love one another as You have loved us.

To each of the baptized who are members of Your Body, the Church has been given gifts that help to build up and strengthen Your Body. We are called to discern what these gifts are with the help of Your Spirit and we are to put them to use. We are called to put ourselves and our gifts at the service of others in humility. Christians are not boastful, they are never proud, they are prepared to suffer all things for Your sake and for the sake of the Gospel. We are called to be cheerful. We are redeemed and we have reason to have a song in our heart, a joyful spirit, and a smile on our face. You ask us to be of good cheer for you have overcome the world. 

You hate hypocrites, the Gospels makes that abundantly clear. As Christians we are called to be sincere in all we say and do. Our love must be genuine. We have experienced the love of God and we are called to witness to that love. We are to anticipate the needs of others and not wait to be called to do what needs to be done. Above all we are called to work zealously for the Kingdom of God. Rejoicing with those who rejoice, sharing in one another's grief, and blessing everyone irrespective of the fact that they actively seek to harm us. We are called to bless always and never to curse. In this way we will give You glory and Your light will shine in this dark world and bring hope and comfort to many. And those who may have otherwise never known You will also come to believe through our witness of Your love and Your real Presence in our lives.

Psalm 131:1-3

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I have learned my Beloved that having You I have all I need. To lie serenely in Your heart knowing that in all things You work for my good, I fear nothing. I am at peace. I know from all the past experiences of my life of both joy and sorrow, that You have the power to draw good from all the circumstance of my life. Even through my worst experiences You have been present and have been mindful of me. You have never abandoned me but stayed with me; helping me, comforting me, leading me gently and even carrying me when I had not strength of my own.

In You my soul's beloved, I have found my peace, my joy, and my rest. Thank You for never abandoning me even when I deliberately chose to walk away from You and strayed from the paths of wisdom and holiness. Thank You for seeking me, for pursuing me relentlessly and for lovingly and persistently leading me back on the path that leads to the Kingdom of God. Stay with me Beloved until I draw my last breath in this life and come into Your glorious Presence in the life to come.

Luke 14:15-24

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,


Just as You would not tolerate hypocrites, so You would not let anyone get away with platitudes. Those who dine in the Kingdom of God are those that the world despises, has cast aside, has marginalized. There is a blind spot in the sight of the wicked, the selfish, the powerful who are ruthless, selfish and live only to pander to their needs, their wants and those who can serve them. These who exalt themselves in the world will be rejected in the world to come. For the Kingdom values are contrary to their own beliefs.

You came into Your own but were rejected by them and so You turned to sinners, to the outcast, the rejects of society. Those who were outside the Covenant made to the ancestors of God's chosen people were now invited to the Banquet because those who were called refused the invitation making the flimsiest excuses not to accept the call of the King of Kings. 

At the Eucharist feast we are all equal in the eyes of our God. All are nourished at Your table as we eat the Bread of Angels, and drink the Wine that is sweeter that honey in the comb.

Thank You Beloved for the grace that enables so many to come daily and eat our fill and receive grace that strengthens us for the journey on the way that is narrow and hard but will ultimately lead to eternal joy with You, the Father, and the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment