Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Colossians 2:6-15, Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, Luke 6:12-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I chose you from the world,
that you may go and bear fruit that will last, says the Lord. Jn 15:16


Colossians 2:6-15, Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, Luke 6:12-19


Colossians 2:6-15

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for the Apostle Paul, thank You for the depths of wisdom, understanding and knowledge bestowed on him through Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for his ability to convey eternal truths so powerfully and so beautifully it takes our breath away to be able to grasp what God has done for us in You.

Today, this is what he urges us who love You and have chosen to walk the narrow Way, embrace the Truth, and receive Your divine Life:
We must walk in You, be firmly rooted in You, the foundation and pillars of our life must be built on You. We have receive Faith as a free give and we must never stop giving You praise and thanksgiving as we keep our gaze unwaveringly on You.  The world has nothing to offer except separation from truth, goodness, and beauty.

We are baptized into Your Body and as its member we receive fullness of life flowing from You into us. You shared our death so we can share in Your Life. One in You we now live,  move and have our being in You. We have chosen to turn our back to sin, to the world, the the devil and all its empty promises. Evil has no power over us for we have been purchased by the Sacrifice of the Lamb. Our sins have been nailed to the Cross and we triumph and glory in the power of the Resurrection which we too shall share. Thank You!!!!

Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

As part of Your creation I too ought to extol Your goodness, Your greatness, Your beauty, Your faithfulness, mercy, kindness and so much more with every breath that I breathe.

How often I permit my gaze to shift from You and when I do I find that I become absorbed in the the distractions of the world that lead me from You who are my good and deserving of all my love all the time. You have been gracious, merciful, compassionate, forgiving, and loving even though I have not been deserving of Your graciousness to me.

Thank You for Your Holy Spirit who puts  a song in my heart because He is constantly making me aware of how good You are and how exceedingly worthy of all my love, worship, and adoration.

Luke 6:12-19

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You taught us not only how to pray when You taught us the Our Father, but but we can learn from You when we see where You went in order to prayer. Personal prayer, and fellowship with You is necessary for it is what keeps the life of the Spirit flowing in us. Grace enables us to choose to exercise discipline over the flesh and over our wayward will. 

You turned Your back on distractions and sought a lonely place where You could commune with Your Father. You spent the whole night in prayer. It is not enough to mumble a few words every now and then and imagine that we pray. Especially when called to make momentous decisions we our prayer must be sustained and earnest so we are open to Your direction and will. 

United with You we too will be able to touch those around us with Your power and Your touch so others too can experience Your healing through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment