Monday, September 18, 2017

1 Timothy 2:1-8, Psalm 28:2, 7-9, Luke 7:1-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life. Jn 3:16


1 Timothy 2:1-8, Psalm 28:2, 7-9, Luke 7:1-10


1 Timothy 2:1-8

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Your word is clear - we are called to be people of prayer all the time. We are called to pray for the world, for those who are in authority, those who govern us, so that they will be led, guided, and inspired by the Spirit of Love and Truth. If we all offered supplication everyday we would live in a much happier and peaceful world. If each of the baptized lived in such a way that all who looked at us would desire what we have and so come to the knowledge of the One True God.

You stand at the right hand of the Father and make intercession for us unceasingly for You gave Yourself up for us in order that we may enter into Your life and live. We thank You for choosing St. Paul once an enemy of the Church, to preach, teach, and witness to the Gospel and its power and glory to Gentiles so that all may hear the Good News that saves us.

Grant O Beloved, that we who are baptized might live in peace and harmony with one another so all who see us may say as they once did, "See how they love one another."

Psalm 28:2, 7-9

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You have always heard every prayer I prayed, every sigh I sighed, You have wiped away all my tears, and turned my sorrow to gladness, and my tears to laughter. Each time I raised my hands and heart to You I have never been disappointed. This is why I trust in You for I am confident that I will always be heard. You are my rock, my strength, my shield, my deliverer, my protector, my Lord and my God. In you alone I place all my faith, hope, confidence and trust. My heart exults and glories in Your love for me, for Your tender compassion, mercy, and pity. You know how impossible it is for me to help myself because I am so terribly weak. I throw myself upon You and You raise me up. Thank You!

Luke 7:1-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The centurion belonged to a nation and to a people hated by the Jews yet this particular man was respected and held in great affection by the elders for he had shown sympathy for the Jewish people and had even built a synagogue for them. They held him in high esteem. Having heard of You Beloved, and knowing that his slave was ill and dying, he asked his Jewish friends to intercede for him. He dared not come himself for he believed he was unworthy to approach You.

How many of us Beloved, treat You casually, take You for granted, approach the Sacraments unworthily, are indifferent to the commandments? Yet, here we have a foreigner who understands who You are and will not dare to take You for granted. Rather he approaches his Jewish friends to plead on his behalf.

The faithful recall his words and repeats them at every Holy Mass before we receive You in Holy Communion, and will do so until You come again in glory, "Lord I'm not worthy for You to enter under my roof, say but the word and I shall be healed."

No comments:

Post a Comment