Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sirach 27:30---28:7, Psalm 103:1-4, 9-12, Romans 14:7-9, Matthew 18:21-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I give you a new commandment, says the Lord;
love one another as I have loved you. Jn 13:34


Sirach 27:30---28:7, Psalm 103:1-4, 9-12, Romans 14:7-9, Matthew 18:21-35

Sirach 27:30---28:7

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You call me this day to forgive if I desire to be forgiven. If I refuse to remember that I am but human like my brothers and sisters and hold a grudge against anyone then I cannot expect mercy, forgiveness or healing from You. Grant me the grace to forgive as I have been forgiven and to remember that my days here are limited. When my life here comes to an end You will judge me and the mercy and forgiveness I show others will be the measure used to judge me. Grant that I may overlook the faults in another for I am full of faults and flaws myself.

Psalm 103:1-4, 9-12

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today the psalmist reminds me that You are kind, merciful, slow to anger and rich in compassion. I am truly and humbly grateful that You remember that I am but a weak and miserable sinner and if You were not a kind to me I would have no hope of ever being saved. Grant O Lord that I may never forget how You love me and because You do You pardon all my faults when I approach Your throne of grace and beg for forgiveness. Thank You for answering my prayers. Thank You for Your loving hand of protection that is always extended over me and those whom I love. If You dealt with me according to my sins and my merits I would be lost forever thank You for You unending mercy, compassion, and loving kindness. Thank You for forgiving and forgetting my sins when I approach You in the confessional. Truly You are an awesome God.

Romans 14:7-9

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for reminding me today that I am all Yours and Yours alone I wish to be. Undeserving as I am of Your love, I thank You for loving me anyway. Because I belong to You I must remember that by virtue of my baptism I belong no longer to myself but to You. I glory in this truth Beloved, I am Yours. If I live or die I am Yours and nothing can separate me from You not in this life or in the life to come for I have chosen to belong to You just as You chose me from all eternity.

Matthew 18:21-35

My dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The theme of today's Sunday liturgy is forgiveness. I am reminded of how much God has forgiven me and I must remember to use that same limitless measure in forgiving my brothers and sisters who offend me; or sin against me. If I fail to show mercy or withhold forgiveness then I can be certain that I will be shown neither mercy or compassion.  Because we are in the flesh and the sin of Adam and Eve have rendered us weak we are bound to fall some more than others and that is why we are constantly approaching You for forgiveness, mercy, and pardon. You forgive the sinner over and over again no matter how many times he asks to be forgiven You are tireless in offering the sinner mercy. This is why we too are called not to keep an account of the sins of others but to forgive as often as we are approached to forgive from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment