Saturday, August 19, 2017

Joshua 24:14-29, Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11, Matthew 19:13-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom. Mt 11:25



Joshua 24:14-29, Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11, Matthew 19:13-15 


Joshua 24:14-29

Dear Love, my soul's beloved,

Joshua, speaking to the chosen people, bid them to fear God and to serve Him utterly and sincerely. There were to rid themselves of false gods for God desires no part of a divided heart. Irrespective of what those around us may choose to do we are called to serve You faithfully for as long as we live.  All the good things we have received come from You and we are called to love You and serve You humbly and wholeheartedly. 

You are faithful and kind, slow to anger and rich in mercy. May I remember always that there is no sin so great that I cannot run into Your arms with a contrite heart and know that You will forgive me.  Thank You for calling me to serve and grant me always to do so humbly and gratefully.

Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11

Dear Love, my soul's beloved,

You are My Cup, My Portion, You have seen fit to make Yourself my inheritance. Sinner though I am and unfit to come into Your holy Presence yet, You love me with a love that is infinite and greater than I can comprehend.

Thank You for keeping me as the apple of Your eye, hidden in the shelter of Your Sacred Heart. Thank You for the Holy Spirit who counsels me tirelessly. Thank You for Your Presence in the Holy Eucharist, in our tabernacles, for making Yourself available and accessible to me an unworthy sinner. Thank You for granting me the privilege to drink my fill of Your delights and to abide always in the shelter of Your wings.

Matthew 19:13-15

Dear Love, my soul's beloved,

To have the heart of a child is to ensure a place always by Your knee, to have Your  hand on my head in benediction, protection and love. You will not allow those with a childlike heart and disposition to be removed from Your Presence and You assure Your little ones that Your Kingdom is ours as well. Keep me little, keep me humble, keep me as Your own little nothing always.

No comments:

Post a Comment