Monday, August 14, 2017

Deuteronomy 10:12-22, Psalm 147:12-15, 19-20, Matthew 17:22-27

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

God has called you through the Gospel
to possess the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thes 2:14



Deuteronomy 10:12-22, Psalm 147:12-15, 19-20, Matthew 17:22-27


Deuteronomy 10:12-22

Dear Love, my soul's most beloved,

Once again, as always, You confirm in today's Liturgy what You spoke to me in Your Word today. You have chosen me, You called me by name, and You have granted me favor upon favor but I have been weak and wayward even to this moment. Yet, You are patient and You renew Your Covenant of Love with me once more. Truly You are faithful to this poor faithless creature. Once more You invite me to love, serve and follow You with my whole heart and my whole soul. Your patience with me has been untiring. You who are God could so easily have given me up long ago but You have not. In fact the older I get the more You have shown me gentleness, kindness, tenderness, and compassion. 

Once again I implore You to help me battle with greater courage to overcome my propensity to sin. Thank You for Your everlasting faithfulness and continue to hold me up for without You I can do nothing.

Psalm 147:12-15, 19-20

With the help of Your Holy Spirit, my soul's beloved, I shall praise You at all times. Thank You for blessing me and not only me but all who belong to me. Thank You for the life You have ordained for me and all the joy I experience every day. Thank You for giving me all that is good, holy, and perfect, for holding my hand lest I should stumble or fall. Thank You for Your Word that gives me courage and hope and which sustains me every day.

Matthew 17:22-27

Dear Love, beloved of my soul,

As a member of Your One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, I am subject of the Kingdom of God. Heaven belongs to me because I am a child of God, redeemed by You, and sanctified by the Holy Spirit. You have paid the price that makes me a subject not an alien. 

The world has no power over those whom God has marked for Himself through the Cross. Thank You for paying the price that made it possible for me to claim the inheritance that You so generously share with me.  Thank You for making provision for me to receive all the graces I require in the Sacraments which helps to strengthen me and help me as I journey from this life to the place You have prepared for me. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment