Sunday, August 20, 2017

Isaiah 56:1, 6-7, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8, Romans 11:13-15, 29-32, Matthew 15:21-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Jesus proclaimed the Gospel of the kingdom
and cured every disease among the people. Mt 4:23


Isaiah 56:1, 6-7, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8, Romans 11:13-15, 29-32, Matthew 15:21-28



Isaiah 56:1, 6-7

Dear Love, My soul's Beloved,

Thank You for inviting me into a relationship with You. Thank You for saving me and calling me to serve You. I belong to You and to Your Church. Thank You for calling me from darkness and granting me every grace I need to walk in the light of Your love and truth. Thank You for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass where I can approach Your holy altar and unite the sacrifice of my poor sinful life with Your holy, perfect, once for all, Sacrifice for the expiation of my sins of the sins of the whole world. Thank You.

Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8

Dear Love, My soul's Beloved,

If the Father had not found a way to save us because of His immense love for us we would have been lost forever. Thank You for Your obedience to the Father and for laying down Your life for us. Grant all who believe the grace to take our vocation and our mission seriously to spread the good news of our salvation wherever we go so that all may believe and together the whole world rejoice and give praise to God for all He has done for us in You.

Romans 11:13-15, 29-32

Dear Love, my soul's Beloved,

St. Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles understands that God can use any situation to bring about good. The Jews rejected You and the Gospel and this is why the message was carried to the Gentiles, for You came into the world to save all Jews and Gentiles alike. The great persecution of the Christians compelled the Apostles and disciples to flee and they carried with them the Gospel of Life.

Beloved, no matter what difficulties may come my way may I always remember that You have the power to draw good out of every situation. I can trust You always.

Matthew 15:21-28

Dear Love, my soul's Beloved,

The Gospel reminds us today not to be caught up in our own hurt feelings and reminds us that there God does not reject us even though it may appear to be so. We must persist beyond our natural human emotions and when we do we will find that God always intended good no matter how bitter the situation. It would have been easy for Canaanite woman to wallow in self pity and turn away in bitterness at the perceived rejection but there was too much at stake. Her daughter was possessed and she believed that none but You could heal her. She implored You loudly to take notice of her, to hear her and to grant her petition. Her faith was rewarded and she went home to find her daughter healed.

Help me beloved not to have silly pride or to be easily hurt at perceived slights but to be meek and humble of heart, confident that all I ask for in faith will surely be granted to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment