Friday, May 12, 2017

Acts 13:236-33, Psalm 2:6-11, John 14:1-6

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the way and the truth and the life, says the Lord;
no one comes to the Father except through me. Jn 14:6



Acts 13:236-33, Psalm 2:6-11, John 14:1-6


Acts 13:236-33

Dear Love, 

As St. Paul preaches, it is possible to hear the truth over and over again repeated generation after generation until we know them word perfect but have never understood their meaning even as the prophecies unfold before our very eyes. In this instance, the chosen people especially the scholars and teachers of the Law knew the words but they were not able to recognize its meaning. They did exactly what the prophets and holy men said they would do and yet they were clueless that they were fulfilling the prophecies exactly as they were written as as You Yourself said so often publicly and in private.

Why are we so hard of heart? So deaf, so blind, so indifferent. Why do we refuse to see where the world is heading if we refuse to believe? Lord God, hear the cries of Your remnant, those who worship and adore before Your Face in Adoration Chapels around the world, who pray, fast, and offer sacrifice so that the coming terrors may be withheld by Your unfailing mercy and compassion. Look with pity dear Love and be moved just as God was moved to hear the prayer of Abraham as he pleaded for the lives of the few to be spared.

Thank You!

Psalm 2:6-11

Dear Love,

God our Father has set You above every throne, every dominion, every nation, over every power seen and unseen and so our hearts need not tremble in fear at the impending doom as sin escalates and violence consumes this world that was created in love.

You belong to the Father as we belong to You for this is His will. We are saved because You our Savior. You have won the crown of victory and Satan and his minions are crushed under Your heel.

May we continue to serve You dear Love, with trembling and awe for we know we are undeserving of the unfathomable and eternal, all-consuming love You have for us, for me.

John 14:1-6

Dear Love,

It is good to return to Your feet and to listen to Your voice. I have missed this time together but I know that You have missed it far more than I for I am You little nothing and therefore my capacity for to feel such emotions is infinitesimal. But in my nothingness Beloved, I missed You and I thank You for being so faithful to one as undeserving as myself.

Thank You dear Love for Your words to me in today's Gospel reading. I claim every promise as given to me and to mine, 

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. 
You have faith in God; have faith also in me. 
In my Father's house there are many dwelling places.
If there were not,
would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back again and take you to myself,
so that where I am you also may be.
Where I am going you know the way." 
I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me."


Dear Love, I desire no other way to the Father except through You. Thank You for granting me access to the Father through Your Sacred Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment