Saturday, March 4, 2017

Isaiah 58:1-9, Psalm 51-3-6, 18-19, Matthew 9:14-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Seek good and not evil so that you may live,
and the Lord will be with you. Am 5:14



Isaiah 58:1-9, Psalm 51-3-6, 18-19, Matthew 9:14-15

Isaiah 58:1-9

My soul's beloved, it is time I went for Confession make a way for me Lord. Help me to make a thorough examination of conscience and grant me a humble, contrite, heart. Give me the grace I need to resolve never to sin again and wound the heart that has loved me unto death on the Cross.  Enable me to exercise self discipline during this season of Lent so I may be strengthened in those areas of my life that I am weak.

You desire that I be compassionate, kind, selfless, and generous giving. Help me recognize the opportunities that are given to me each day to serve with humility, without grumbling or counting the cost. Then Your life will be visible in me and the light with which You fill my soul will enable me to shine that same light so others too may be able to walk in truth. Thank You for always hearing and answering me.


Psalm 51-3-6, 18-19


My soul's beloved, unless I am contrite of heart and humble in spirit I will not experience the full extent of Your unconditional love for me. Grant me the grace to strive to overcome my weaknesses and not to rely on my own strength which is non existent but to trust You to help me in all the circumstances of my life. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I am prone to sin and that I need Your help and the hep of Your Holy Spirit to choose to do good rather than follow my own selfish inclination. Keep be aware Lord, that without You I can do nothing so I may always seek Your help and cling to You for without You I would be lost forever.


Matthew 9:14-15


My soul's beloved, Bridegroom of my soul, my Lord and my God. Thank You that I am privileged to be a cradle Catholic, born into the Church You founded on Peter. I take this privilege for granted for I do not yet appreciate what it means to not worry whether I am on the right path that leads to God. Holy Mother Church of which I am a member, and which is Your Body will ensure that the life of the Holy Spirit will sustain me as it sustains her. She is fed by the Eucharist and so am I. I am strong and invincible because You have obtained the victory for all who believe that You have been sent by the Father to seek and save the lost, and through Your perfect, and eternal Sacrifice pleasing and acceptable to the Father we will be received into glory to share eternal life with You. Now is the the time for fasting, prayer, reparation and confession of sin - keep us faithful in Your love that we may experience the joy of Your glorious Resurrection and share in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment