Thursday, March 2, 2017

Deuteronomy 30:15-20, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 9:22-25

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Repent, says the Lord;
the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. Mt 4:17




Deuteronomy 30:15-20, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Luke 9:22-25

Deuteronomy 30:15-20

My soul's beloved, every waking moment we have a choice to make for life or for death. We exercise Your gift of free will and choose to walk in the way that You pointed to us. If I do that I am assured that not only I but all those who belong to me will prosper as well. You have narrowed the commandments down to two and I am called to live them out and allow their wisdom to influence my life always. If I love God as He desires to be loved and I love my neighbor as much as I love myself or better yet, as God loves them then I know that I will not perish but be filled with Your life all my days.

Psalm 1:1-4, 6

My soul's beloved, the psalmist reminds me that it is imperative that I stay close to You, be nourished by You, be quenched by You only then will I bear fruit that will last. It is easy to pick up the values of the world through the media that bombards us however, we are called to discern between the spirit of the world and Your Spirit.We are called to live in the way that You revealed to us. We are called to follow in Your footsteps. We are called to live in the light of Truth and to shun the darkness where evil thrives.

Thank You for Your Word of Truth in Scripture. The more I read,the more I ponder, the more I meditate the more will my mind and my conscience be formed by truth. Grant me the grace this Lenten season my soul's beloved to overcome my spiritual lethargy and to allow Your Spirit to lead me into the way that brings life and light to my soul.

Luke 9:22-25

My soul's beloved, one of the hardest crosses to bear is rejection. We sin quite often because of this fear. We choose to flirt with sin rather than to embrace virtue because we are afraid of the discipline it requires. It is so much easier to give into our flesh, to the world, and to the wiles of the enemy. You however did not flinch from Your mission. You set Your Face towards Jerusalem knowing exactly what awaited You there. Such suffering that any one in the flesh would have turned tail and run in the opposite direction far away from the Cross and from the terrible suffering leading up that moment when You were nailed to it.

If we are to share the crown of glory with You ten the invitation is clear, "If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. What profit is there for one to gain the whole world yet lose or forfeit himself?"

Even though all my natural instincts want to run away from suffering and the cross my beloved, grant me the grace, the strength and the will to stay right there with You.


No comments:

Post a Comment