Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12, Psalm 46:2-3, 5-6, 8-9, John 5:1-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

A clean heart create for me, O God;
give me back the joy of your salvation. Ps 51:12, 14


Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12, Psalm 46:2-3, 5-6, 8-9, John 5:1-16

Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12

My soul's beloved, from You flow streams of Living Water. You are the Head of Your Body, Your Bride, the Church. From You, through her, grace flows out to the whole world those who desire may come freely to the waters of baptism and be plunged into the death of sin to rise anew in Your glorious Resurrection. Grant O Lord that I make my home beside You so that I may never die but live a holy, fruitful life on earth and be called to live forever with You in heaven.

Psalm 46:2-3, 5-6, 8-9

My soul's beloved, You are Emmanuel, You are God with us now and for ever. You are our strength, our refuge, our ever present help in times of trouble, sorrow, anxiety and distress. You remain with us through all the storms of life and You keep us safe in the palm of Your hand. No matter how great our troubles You O Lord will keep us steady and safe. You lead us, feed us, nourish us, quench our thirst and provide all we need to live holy lives. You dwell in us and among us and we are unafraid.  Thank You for hope Lord that someday when this life comes to a close I will have a new and eternal beginning with You in heaven.

John 5:1-16

Forgive me my soul's beloved when I have been Pharisaical, when I have been too busy being self-righteous and judgmental instead of focusing on what truly matters, what is relevant, what is life affirming. Help me Lord to praise You when I see good being done no matter what the circumstance. Give me a kind, loving, and generous disposition. You have blessed me with so much. You found me and said to me, "Do you want to be well?" and You healed me of my infirmities. You warn me to keep from committing sin or I will have to suffer its consequences. Help me Lord to live my faith fearlessly unafraid of the consequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment