Monday, March 27, 2017

Isaiah 65:17-21, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13, John 4:43-54

DAILY  HOLY MASS READINGS


Seek good and not evil so that you may live,
and the LORD will be with you. Am 5:14




Isaiah 65:17-21, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13, John 4:43-54


Isaiah 65:17-21

My soul's beloved, sin made us exiles we had lost forever that which God had planned for us so lovingly. Created in love He desired that we dwell in love always but we preferred to be distracted, tempted, lured, to disobedience rather than to put our trust in the Word of the Creator and we lost everything. Thrown out of paradise we were to toil for our bread and exposed to danger. But our Father who remembers His covenant forever, who never goes back on a pledge, who would not permit us who were doomed to die to perish found a way to make a new beginning. A way to lasting peace and happiness. A way to restore what was lost, destroyed, and impossible to save unless one who was pure, sinless, holy, and a man would make reparation for the sin of all men. God found a way to make a new heaven, a new earth, to wipe the slate clean and make a new start. A do over by the Son of God who became the Son of Man and  so the Word took on Flesh and dwelt among us and created a new Jerusalem, the City of Joy where He is Our Light. Weeping is no more. There is only rejoicing, and feasting at the Banquet Table where the Bridegroom delights in His Bride whom He has washed clean with His Blood and removed from her every stain and wrinkle. Thank You my Lord and my God.

Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13

My soul's beloved, I was dead and now I am alive. I had lost my inheritance and You restored it. Your anger which ought to have lasted a lifetime has lasted but a moment and You have come to my aid and saved me. You changed my mourning to rejoicing, my sorrow to joy, my tears to laughter for You O Lord reached into the pit and taking me by the hand You drew me out. You have given me Your Name. You wiped the tears from my eyes, You have pledged a Covenant with me and I walk in the freedom of a child of the Most High. You have given me the Helper who will ensure that I will, after this life is over, take the place that has been prepared for me eternally.

John 4:43-54

My soul's beloved, the first sign was at the Wedding Feast at Cana where at the behest of Your Mother You changed water into wine to spare the blushes of the bride and groom. The next sign was the healing of the son of the royal official from Capernaum who lay dying. He pleaded with You to heal his son and You assured him to go, his son would life and the man believed. 

Grant me this kind of faith O Lord. Faith that is alive. Faith that is certain that what You say will come to pass no matter how impossible the situation may appear. Lord I believe. Help my unbelief more and more each day for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment