Sunday, October 30, 2016

Wisdom 11:22 - 12:2, Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14, 2 Thess 1:11-2:2, Luke 19:1-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

God so loved the world that he gave his only Son
so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life. Jn 3:16

Wisdom 11:22 - 12:2, Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14, 2 Thess 1:11-2:2, Luke 19:1-10

Wisdom 11:22 - 12:2

My soul's beloved, God created all that is in the universe, there is not one created things that was not called into existence by His Eternal Word. He breathed His Spirit into all life and He fashioned all things according to His design. The Wisdom of God and His power holds all things together in perfect harmony. All that lives is because God desires it. It is God who created us from nothing giving us a future and a hope. He knows that we are frail, sinful, weak and in His mercy He has put within us a great hunger for His love that none but You can satisfy. He makes grace upon grace available to us so we can repent, be forgiven. We deserved eternal death but because You love us You would not permit us to perish instead He sent You who love us just as the Father does, to save us. Thank You my soul's beloved for forgiveness of sins in the beautiful Sacrament of Reconciliation and for the words of healing, grace, love and  peace that flow from it.

Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14

My soul's beloved grant that I may live to praise You always for You dwell in the praises of those who love You. Thank You for always being gracious and merciful. Thank You for never tiring of forgiving me although I transgress and fall so many times each day. Thank You for Your great compassion for me for You know that I am weak and frail and in need of the grace and strength You make available to me each day. Thank You for all the beauty and splendor of Your creation all around me they prompt me to be aware of You and fill my whole being with gratitude and praise. Thank You for seeking me, for finding me, for lifting me up, for consoling me and for restoring all that I had lost because of my sins.  Keep me close to You all the days of my life.

2 Thess 1:11-2:2

My soul's beloved, St. Paul reminds us that we are called to pray for one another, to intercede for each other, to uphold each other in our prayers. To make the joys and sorrows of each of our brothers and sisters our own. To help each other in our calling to love and serve you all our days. We are called to encourage one another as we grow in faith. We are called to assemble together to praise, worship, and give thanks as we offer to the Father the only acceptable Sacrifice pleasing to Him in accordance with His will. We are called to spread the Good News and not to allow ourselves to be troubled by anything but to remain steadfast in faith, hope and love filled with Your Holy Spirit as we stay close to Mother Church who will keep us safe from all false teachings until You come again in glory.

Luke 19:1-10

My soul's beloved, Mercy is Your Name and You came to seek and save those who would otherwise die in their sins and be lost eternally. We encounter Your mercy always. No matter how great our sins or how many, You love us as You loved Zacchaeus. He was a tax collector, a public sinner, ostracized by his fellow Jews. He was physically and spiritually little. But You came especially for those who know their poverty of spirit and are aware of their need of a Savior because they cannot save themselves. 

Zacchaeus was eager to see You having heard so much about You. How many of us my Lord are prepared to look ridiculous like Zacchaeus. just so long as they can have a glimpse of You. All it required was for him to take that small step and You took the rest. You deliberately stopped right under the branch of the tree where he had perched himself. You called him by name, You asked him to come down because You wanted to have a closer, deeper relationship with him whom every one else shunned. You wanted to enter his home and share a meal with him and his family and Zacchaeus was so  overwhelmed with Your kindness, Your graciousness and love that he contrite of heart was prompted to make amends for past sins, was forgiven, and was restored to a right relationship with God. 

Thank You for reminding us today that You came not for the righteous but for sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment