Saturday, October 29, 2016

Philippians 1: 18-26, Psalm 42:2-3, 5, Luke 14:1, 7-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Take my yoke and learn from me
for I am meek and humble of heart. Mt.11:29


Philippians 1: 18-26, Psalm 42:2-3, 5, Luke 14:1, 7-11


Philippians 1: 18-26

My soul's beloved, to rejoice in all things is a gift granted to those who truly believe. To be able to rejoice and give thanks in all the circumstances of our life, and most of all in our struggles is a gift indeed. St. Paul truly understood what a privilege it was that he was chosen as an apostle to the Gentiles, he was aware of the treasures he preached when he preached the Gospel. He experienced the joy of bringing many to true knowledge of You and they in turn brought others to believe. I have not been called to preach and teach in the same way that St. Paul, but I have been given the mission to spread the Good News where I am. I am called to shed Your Light and Your love in the way I live, in the way I speak, in all that I do in public and in secret. I am called to be an authentic witness to those who are within the circle of my influence. That is all You ask of Me. To be preach the Gospel in season and out of season, whether I am seen or not confident that my life whether in life or in death will glorify You. 

Psalm 42:2-3, 5

My soul's beloved, to do the will of the Father was food and drink to You. On the Cross as You cried out, "I thirst." Grant me this thirst my most beloved. A thirst to do Your will in all things, every moment of my life. To check the haughty retort, to serve with humility, to be patient when my patience is tested. To speak gently. Not to judge others in a self-righteous spirit. May I seize every opportunity I can to come before You with the rest of the faithful to celebrate the Holy Eucharist offering to God the only Sacrifice pleasing to Him. To praise Him for the awesome Gift of His Son as food and drink for our souls. Grant that Your Holy Spirit give me an unquenchable thirst for You always.

Luke 14:1, 7-11

My soul's beloved, it is in the fallen nature of human beings to be selfish. To seek the best for ourselves and to shove and push our way to the top and once there we do all in our power to stay there. But You show us another way. The way of humility. One who is humble is always at peace. Prepared to let others take what they wish and content to take what is left over. This is hard. We want to be recognized, feted, acknowledged, thanked, take the place of honor and we become disappointed, hurt, sad, angry, resentful, when these are denied us. We become bitter and we refuse to serve because we have been ignored and overlooked. 

You have taught us that to be joyful always is to become a servant to all. You taught by example, this is why God has exalted You and given You a Name that is above every other. 

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled,
but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Jesus, meek and humble of heart make my heart like unto Thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment