Friday, July 15, 2016

Isaiah 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8, Isaiah 38:10-12, 16, Matthew 12:1-8

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8, Isaiah 38:10-12, 16, Matthew 12:1-8

Isaiah 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8

My soul's beloved, just as the Lord saw the tears of Hezekiah and was moved by them so too You see our tears, You hear our sighs, and You are moved to pity and heal us.  You rescue us from the hand of death, You place Your hand of protection overs us and You shield us.

For as long as time has been granted to us Lord grant that we may spend it wisely. Open our ears to Wisdom, guide our feet with the Light of Truth and grant us a holy desire to spend our life doing what pleases You in all things. It is not necessary for us to remind You of any good we do or if we are faithful for You have counted every hair on our head and know when they fall. You know me better than I know myself and You love  with a love so strong and so great I will never be able to fathom it or return in equal measure for I am too small, too weak and too frail. Thank You for not loving me as I deserve for I deserve nothing, but for loving me as only God can love.

Isaiah 38:10-12, 16

My soul's beloved, You are my Savior and my Redeemer - I shall not die I shall live. I have a glorious destiny because You have poured You own life into me. Yes I know that from the time I was conceived by years on earth are numbered and death is certain no matter how long I live. But I do not fear it. When it is time for my life here to come to an end I shall enter through death as through a gate and I shall find You waiting for me. You will receive Your poor little nothing and I will be united to You forever. I must die in order to live and see You face to face. I am redeemed and eternity with You is my destiny.

Matthew 12:1-8 

My soul's beloved, twice You say to the Pharisees in this passage, "Have you not read?" If we are not familiar with Sacred Scripture then our vision will be narrow for we will not be able to see as God sees or judge as God does.  We will lack love, mercy, compassion, charity. So often we only see what is on the surface, what is visible. 

The disciples had walked for many miles and had nothing to eat - they were hungry and God provided food in the form of wheat in the fields and they ate of God's providence. Everything belongs to God. It is He who sees our hunger and thirst whether physical or spiritual and He provides food for the hungry and drink for the thirsty. We are called to have the same vision as God. To see with the eyes of love the needs, and wants of those around us that are not readily visible without compassion and patience. Only the merciful can think and act as God does.


No comments:

Post a Comment