Saturday, July 16, 2016

Micah 2:1-5, Psalm 10:1-4, 7-8, 14, Matthew 12:14-21

FEAST OF OUR LADY OF MT. CARMEL

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Micah 2:1-5, Psalm  10:1-4, 7-8, 14, Matthew 12:14-21


Micah 2:1-5

My soul's beloved, sometimes it is possible to get discouraged when we see how people with power and position systematically rob others of their rights and of what is legally theirs. You encourage us this day by Your promise that those who plot evil and carry it out will not prosper for long. God is aware of every injustice done against His poor and He will ensure that they will be repaid. No plans against the Lord's anointed will succeed for You do battle for those whom You have claimed for yourself for You have said, "The mountains may depart and the hills be moved, but never will my love depart from you nor my covenant of peace be removed, my whose compassion is for you."  Thank You.

Psalm  10:1-4, 7-8, 14

My soul's beloved, although wicked men and women sin with impunity believing hat God does not see all that they do and how they crush the poor under their heel robbing them of their dignity yet we do not that the eye of the Lord is on His poor. He delivers justice in His time. He gives all even the wicked time to repent. However, justice will be meted out to all. You will not forget those who have place all their faith, hope and trust on You.   Your eye is constantly upon those who belong to You and whom You have claimed as Your own.

Matthew 12:14-21

My soul's beloved, today we read that when the Pharisees were plotting against You to take Your life You were prudent and You stayed away from them. People continued to follow You and You continued to do the will of the Father by making His Kingdom known. We too are called to exercise wisdom and common sense. Persecution and rejection because we are Your followers is no excuse not to continue the mission given to us. We must take suitable precautions but continue to make You known and loved just as the apostles and disciples did. They fled from their enemies and carried their faith with them, making You known and loved wherever they went. You our God are awesome. Thank You for Your gentleness in ministering to me in my frailty and in my weaknesses. Thank You for not rejecting me but for seeking me and loving me and keeping me safe in Your fold.

Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved in whom I delight;
I shall place my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not contend or cry out,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.
A bruised reed he will not break,
a smoldering wick he will not quench,
until he brings justice to victory.
And in his name the Gentiles will hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment