Thursday, July 14, 2016

Isaiah 26:7-9, 12, 16-19, Psalm 102:13-21, Matthew 11:28-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
Isaiah 26:7-9, 12, 16-19, Psalm 102:13-21, Matthew 11:28-30
Isaiah 26:7-9, 12, 16-19

My soul's beloved, we have Your loving assurance that if we choose to walk in the way of life in accordance with the Truth You revealed to us about God, our Father, and  His Kingdom,  eternal life will  be ours. The Father sent You into the world so You could reveal to us the unfathomable depths of His love for us. While we were still sinners You came into the world to bridge the chasm that sin our sins had created between God and us. The whole purpose of creating us was so that we may spend eternity with You, the Father and the Holy Spirit.Even our blinding disobedience would not thwart Him to bring about what He so passionately desired. To know true love and be drawn into it by receive Your Life through baptism. Grafted in You and made one with You we are also made one with the Father and the Holy Spirit.  Having tasted of Your love we yearn for it as dry land thirsts for water. Our joy comes from contemplating Your unconditional love for us even though we are unworthy of it. Thank You my soul's beloved for removing the sting of death and  revealing to us that it is but a door through which we receive eternal life in perfect union with You, the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 102:13-21

My soul's beloved, the psalmist reminds us that Your gaze on us is unwavering. It is constantly upon us. You hear our cry, You hear every sigh, You know us so intimately because it was You who knit us together in our mother's womb. From eternity to eternity we are Yours. Sin could not separate us because of the passionate love of the Father for us. He sent You into the world in order to lay down Your life for us and in doing so You became the Gate to heaven through which we must  pass from this life to the next. 

Thank You my souls beloved for not turning away from me in anger when I sin, but for looking at me with pity and compassion, and for making available to me another opportunity to reconcile myself to You through the awesome Sacrament of Confession. You know that of myself I can do nothing for I am poor and needy so You pour You own Holy Spirit into me through the Sacraments so I may receive all the grace necessary to be pleasing to You and to choose to do Your will in all things instead of my own which can only lead to eternal death. Keep me close to You my Lord. Keep me from stumbling. Keep me from straying from the path of life, and if I am foolish enough to do so come for me, look for me and when You have found me never ever let me be parted from You again.

Matthew 11:28-30
My soul's beloved, we have Your unconditional invitation to come to You when life makes us weary, anxious, and troubled. When it all becomes too much for us and we have no strength of our own to go on. You understand for You became like us. You walked among us clothed in our flesh. You experienced what it was like to be human, tempted, frail, subject to all the things that make up our condition on earth. This is what the Father desired that You experience first hand what it is to be one with us so that we could come to know the Father's love, so we could experience the love of Your great and tender heart full of pity, kindness, mercy and compassion, a love that would take You to the Cross, to the grave, to death, so we could rise up and have a share in Your glorious resurrection.

“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”


I come to You this day my soul's beloved, and like the disciple whom You loved I lay my head against Your breast and I share my burdens with You. Yoked to You I will find peace and rest for my soul.

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment