Sunday, June 12, 2016

2 Samuel 12:7-10, 13, Galatians 2:16, 19-21, Psalm 32:1-2, 5, 7, 11, Luke 7:36-50



DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


2 Samuel 12:7-10, 13, Galatians 2:16, 19-21, Psalm 32:1-2, 5, 7, 11, Luke 7:36-50


2 Samuel 12:7-10, 13


My soul’s beloved, you blessed David abundantly. You chose him. You took him from obscurity, you put a crown on his head, and made him king of your people. Despite having so much he still desired what could never be his lawfully but this did not deter him. He plotted, schemed, and willfully allowed evil to possess his soul so completely that he did not hesitate to commit murder in order to satisfy his passion. It is easy to see how I too who have been blessed abundantly am so easily tempted and so often without even putting up a pretense of a fight I given in completely. Allowing passion to rule my conscience I give in to sin.


I thank You for being faithful. For wooing me back to Yourself and for not treating me as I deserve but for granting me another opportunity to begin again. To pick myself up, throw myself on Your mercy, and beg pardon for my sins, and each time You hear me, forgive me and make me a new creation. Thank You my Lord and my God.



Galatians 2:16, 19-21


My soul’s beloved, through faith in You I am saved not by my good works. Because I believe I am able to bear good fruit. Faith makes it possible for me to believe and believing makes it possible for me to work to further Your Kingdom on earth. The work I do for Your glory does not justify me rather it is my faith in You that saves me and guarantees me a place at Your banquet. To all who believe is granted the privilege of being called sons and daughters of God.


Psalm 32:1-2, 5, 7, 11



Thank You my soul’s beloved for the gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. No matter how grave my sin, not matter how many times I fall into the mire. No matter how heavily guilt weighs upon my soul the power of the Sacrament makes it possible for me to forgiven and grace is poured upon my soul making it possible for me to resolve to sin no more and granting me the grace I need to be able to withstand temptation. But should I fall, and fall I will because I am a sinner, You will not be deaf to my cry for forgiveness yet again. Preserve me from sin my Lord but should I fall grant me the grace to repent and confess my guilt and to experience once again the power of Your saving, redeeming love.


Luke 7:36-50


My soul’s beloved, how often I have been like the Simon the Pharisee. In the silence of my mind I have been judge and jury condemning people them without pity or mercy and all the while I am the one that needs to be condemned because I am without love. Simon and his friends were the ones that were clearly lacking in common courtesy. His whole purpose in inviting You to dine with him was to put You at a disadvantage. He denied You what common courtesy demanded he offer to a guest to his home. He performed none of the rituals that was expected of a host and yet he had the gall to sit in judgment of You, masking his unholy thoughts while judging You, finding You wanting and condemning You.


You very firmly exposed him before everyone as the hypocrite he truly was. He was too thick skinned to be shamed but You made Your point and You revealed Your divinity by forgiving that poor woman’s sins. Her sins though grave and many were forgiven and having been set free from the weight of their burden she gave herself completely to You as Your disciple. She followed You faithfully until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment