Monday, June 13, 2016

1 Kings 21:1-16, Psalm 5:2-7, Matthew 5:38-42

DAILY HOLY MASS READING

1 Kings 21:1-16, Psalm 5:2-7, Matthew 5:38-42

1 Kings 21:1-16

My soul's beloved, I have been given a share in the Kingdom of God. I must watch over it and I must ensure that I do not neglect or lose what I have been given. There may be enemies who desire to steal what is rightfully mine and I must be alert, awake, and watchful. I must be vigilant lest when I least expect it, it could be taken from me and I could lose my life  and my inheritance. Evil does not sleep and if I take away my sight from the goal I could easily fall prey to the traps that are laid to snare me. Help me Lord to be like Naboth to refuse to sell what was granted to me at the cost of Your life. Grant that I may prefer death rather than give way to sin but to remain faithful to the end.

Psalm :-52-7

My soul's beloved verse I too like the Psalmist wake at dawn and raise my voice and my heart to You. I come into Your Presence and I watch for You. I know that You hate sin but You love the sinner. I acknowledge my weaknesses and I lay claim to Your strength. Help me to resist evil and to remain always faithful in following You.

Matthew 5:38-42

My soul's beloved, You did not only just preach and teach but You showed us how to lay down our life for others. It is so easy to repay violence with violence. To raise our fists in retaliation when we are struck but the evil does not stop it just spirals until everyone is caught up in the flames of rage and hatred and we are consumed by it. Rather You show us how to stop evil and violence in its tracks. You ask us to present the other cheek. To give more than we have been asked to give. To go further in our charity than expected in this way we can disarm evil and stem the flow of hate. Thank You for showing us another way - the way of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment