Monday, June 6, 2016

1 Kings 17:1-6, Psalm 121:1bc-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, Matthew 5:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Kings 17:1-6, Psalm 121:1bc-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, Matthew 5:1-12

1Kings 17:1-6

My soul’s beloved, You who are the Word of the Most High are the power of God and through the utterance of His Word things are held fast or set loose. This is what the almighty tells the  prophet Elisha and the power of the Word of God uttered by him will also be powerful as so he can command the earth to become barren and the sky to withhold rain bring about a famine of several years. While the rest of the country suffered drought God Himself fed the prophet with meat and drink.

God is our Provider. We can trust Him to feed us and He does with Your Body and Your Blood which wells up to everlasting life in us satisfying our hunger and slaking our thirst.. Thank You.

Psalm 121:1bc-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8

My soul’s beloved, I have the assurance of the most High God that He who made the heaven and the earth will protect me from all evil and all harm. None can approach me to destroy me for God Himself walks with me. He has commanded angels to watch over me lest my foot slips and I stumble. The Lord God is always at my side He neither sleeps nor slumbers and His watchful gaze is ever upon me keeping me safe in His eternal embrace. The Lord God is my shadow I walk in His shade His light illumines my path so I will never walk in darkness or stray from the way that leads to life. The Love of the Lord has been poured into my souls and I shall walk in Your footsteps certain that I walk in safety all my days.

Matthew 5:1-12

My soul’s delight here is a blueprint for life exactly the way You lived it. I can know perfect and lasting peace in this life if I follow it. No matter what the world and the devil throw at me to disturb me and throw me off track that leads to You nothing they do will succeed. For I walk in humility, gentleness, kindness and above all loving and tender compassion. I will not do anything without first discerning whether this is what You desire. I shall not put one step before the other without the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Even if I am persecuted for denying to have any part in the culture of the world  still will I remain true and obedient to Your commandment to love God absolutely above and before all and to love those around me as You have loved me. If I do, You assure me of a place in the Kingdom there to live with You in perfect joy eternally. Jesus, meek and humble heart make my heart like unto Yours. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment