Friday, May 13, 2016

Acts 25:13-21, Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20, John 21:15-19



DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 25:13-21, Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20, John 21:15-19

Acts 25:13-21

My soul’s beloved, from Paul’s life we see that no matter what happened to him it was the Holy Spirit who was always in control. Through all the circumstances in his life God’s purpose was being fulfilled. Paul did not give into self-pity but continued to teach and preach, always attentive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and permitting himself to be led by Him in all things. This is why he was always at peace. He knew that You were always in control. It was Your message that he proclaimed in season and out of season, whether it was convenient or not. Help me Lord not to get overwhelmed with all the things I am required to do, rather, let me know that You are always in control and will help me to do everything according to Your will.

Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20

My soul’s beloved, one way to always be cheerful is to constantly recall how good You are and how kindly and mercifully You have dealt with me. As I recall all Your blessings my love for You will increase and songs of praise will flood by soul. Thank You for Your infinite love for me even though I am not worthy of such great love. Thank You for forgiving and forgetting my sins. I know the depths to which I have fallen but You are just glad that I am now home with You. Grant my Lord that I may never again be parted from You.

My Lord and my God grant that like the angels I may worship You always and everywhere and do You bidding always. In this is perfect joy and peace.

John 21:15-19

My soul’s beloved, here is recorded Peter’s triple confession of love and each time he confessed his love for You his response grew more and more humble. We can never be sure how we will act when faced with a difficult situation, we can only hope and pray that we do not fall as Peter did when he denied that he ever knew You. Fear can make us do terrible things because we are human and our faith is often weak. You understood Peter well and it was necessary for him to make this public confession of his love for You because love is always greater than our fears or our failures.

It was also important  for the rest of the apostles to know that Your favor continued to rest on Peter, that did not change even though he had sinned. Peter repented deeply of his sin and Your forgiveness was absolute. He was Your choice to lead the Church You founded and it was his mission to ensure that Your sheep were fed and cared for until Your return in glory.

Thank You for the Church, thank You for our Holy Father Your Vicar in Rome, and thank You for all who carry out the mission of looking after Your flock generously, wholeheartedly and completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment