Monday, April 18, 2016

Acts.11:1-18, Psalm 42:2-3, 3-4, John 10:1-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts.11:1-18, Psalm 42:2-3, 3-4, John 10:1-10

Acts.11:1-18

My soul’s beloved, You are the Eternal Word of God that came down from heaven to redeem the whole world and yet we claim exclusivity. We would like to package You and claim You for ourselves we cannot preach You to the ends of the earth if we restrict the Good News to certain people or areas. You came for all, You saved all and all have hope in You.
We who are baptized can often have an elitist attitude and we raise barriers by our words and by our attitude. The Holy Spirit goes where He wills and is given to anyone who is open to receiving Him. The Church is not an exclusive club but is the home for all who desire to rest in her.

Forgive me my soul’s beloved for the times I have been as narrow minded as the disciples in Jerusalem may I never dare to restrict God’s love that is freely given in You to all who believe.

Psalm 42:2-3, 3-4

As a deer longs for flowing streams,
so my soul longs for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I go and see the face of God?
Day and night my tears have been my food,
as people ask me day after day,
“Where is your God?”

 John 10:1-10

My  soul’s beloved, I offer You a grateful heart for calling me out of darkness into Your own marvelous light. I belong to You I recognize Your voice I follow You and You lead me to pasture and bring me back home safely to rest in You. Grant me the grace to share the life I have received in You with everyone I meet so all may hear of You and be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment