Monday, April 25, 2016

1 Peter 5:5-14, Psalm 89:2-3, 6-7,16-17, Mark 16:15-20


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS



Feast of St. Mark the Evangelist



1 Peter 5:5-14, Psalm 89:2-3, 6-7,16-17, Mark 16:15-20



1 Peter 5:5-14



My soul’s beloved, the most sure way to draw near to You is through the virtue of humility before You and before my brothers and sisters. You have shown us the way to stoop low in service. Pride and arrogance are the hallmarks of evil indulged by those who are self-absorbed. We are called to live in service to God and to each other. St. Peter reminds us that we need not carry our burdens alone but we can place all of our worries on You since You take care of us. Help me to be watchful and alert so I do not fall into temptation and help us not to become despondent when we are called to suffer for our faith for there are many believers all over the world who are suffering far more than we may ever be called to. Rather let us rejoice that we are considered worthy of suffering for Your Name. You give us strength enough for each day and You take us by the hand so that we are not alone You help us to overcome temptation, You teach us how to persevere and in the end You will ensure that we reach the place prepared for us. To You be glory, honor and power for ever and ever. Amen.




Psalm 89:2-3, 6-7, 16-17



My soul’s beloved, faithful God, You never forget Your promises. You are steadfast in love and I can trust You to keep all Your promises. This is why I need never be anxious, or troubled. God fights my battles. He wages war on my behalf and I am victorious in You. We are blessed because we walk in the light of Truth. Your steadfast gaze is upon us and Your mighty protection keeps us safe from the wiles of the enemy.





Mark 16:15-20



My soul’s beloved, this is what You did as well when You walked on earth as a Man. You confirmed the message with signs and this is what You assure us too. But are we bold enough to take You at Your Word? My own faith is a poor, small, weak thing and needs to be propped up constantly by Your promises of love for me and Your faithfulness to all Your promises. Morning after morning You speak to me and tell me how much You love and care for me and yet at the first sign of difficulty I become troubled.



Grant me a robust faith Lord. A faith that takes You at Your Word and steps out boldly to speak in Your Name and to proclaim the Good News. What good does it do to anyone if I hide it under a bushel – my faith like a light must be held aloft so all who see by its light will come to believe that You are the Son of God who takes away the sins of the world as the Lamb of Sacrifice.



Grant me the courage to take You at Your Word confident that as You have said so it will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment